Flow Lab Project for Sale - Northampton, MA

TerryZakis

Flow Lab Project for Sale - Northampton, MA

Post by TerryZakis »

Good Day Folks,

Several years ago I started building up a flow lab, and never got to finish it. A job move is now forcing a sale of all of my components and what I've assembled so far.

My hope is that someone within a drive-able distance to Northampton, MA, would want to come up here with a truck and get everything for a deal of a lifetime.

This project was designed not as a flow "bench" per se, which depends on measurements being taken within a bench, but rather this design is based on having flow "proving" devices within various PVC pipes, that are attached to a wall of the shop, or lab.

The primary flow measuring devices consist of ASME PTC 3 grade orifice plates from Lambda Square. There are 4-branches with these devices. There is also a 4" flow prover section with a high fidelity, turbine flow meter of German manufacture. I also have a 4" Merriam, Laminar Flow Element, and two smaller 2" (?) Laminar Flow Elements. I have the flow bench instrument kit from Performance Trends, out of Livonia, MI. In addition, I have numerous dual-range, industrial flow computers from Dart, and Rosemount. Rosemount smart pressure transmitters (numerous), dp gauges, thermocouples, reel of thermocouple wire, manometers, a dozen or so lab-quality barometers and differential pressure gauges. A box of Ametek 240 volt vacuum motors (16?); as I recall enough for 60" w.c., with a maximum design flow rate of 1,300 cfm. I have numerous variacs, to control the vacuum/depression; some variacs are motorized and have PID controllers to maintain a set dp level. I also have a very large, industrial 240v variac that can handle 20-amps per leg. Separate 100Amp subfeed electrical panel with a box full of circuit breakers, and separate fuses and fuse blocks. I also have a stack of baltic birch plywood (9-sheets), for the fabrication of the flow "bench" section.

I think the above should be enough for you to get the idea!

This flow lab was going to be my entertainment from when I retired from working for Pratt & Whitney, in the field of gas turbine performance. It is the proverbial mad-scientist project that warrants completion. I have all of the design files for this project, that I would gladly pass on.

Without exaggeration, I probably have easily over $8 into this. To say this is an opportunity of a lifetime, would be appropriate.

Serious inquiries only. Email me to schedule a tour and discussion.

I'm thinking $3,500 would take everything.

Kind Regards,

Terry Terezakis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larrycavan

Re: Flow Lab Project for Sale - Northampton, MA

Post by larrycavan »

:shock: That's quite a collection.....
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
TerryZakis

Post by TerryZakis »

Yeah, quite a collection. It's a shame that I don't have the time to work on it.

I've thought of giving all the equipment to a local Vocational or Engineering school.

If anyone is interested in taking this on, please let me know. We can discuss where you live and perhaps some attractive pricing.

Thanks,

Terry
TerryZakis

Post by TerryZakis »

Price reduced to $2,450.

Any reasonable offer considered.

Thanks,

Terry
GUNT

Post by GUNT »

Hi
just have to ask , but its probally long gone by now
TerryZakis

Post by TerryZakis »

Yes, all of the equipment is gone. I donated all of it to The University of Massachusetts at Amherst. I'm not sure if they were able to use the equipment, but that was my most practical path for someone to get use out of it.

Best Regards,

Terry Terezakis
St Augustine, FL
GUNT

Post by GUNT »

lucky guys hope htey make use of it , thanks for the reply

Cheers
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Lucky guy you could not get one LFE for that money.

Rick
TerryZakis

Post by TerryZakis »

Funny that I only saw now that my original post stated "I probably have $8 invested...", where I had left out the "K"!

Yes, the Laminar Flow Elements were quite expensive. I had two of them that were 2-inch in diameter that were used, but in very good condition, and then I had a 4-inch Merriam LFE that I purchased new from an instrument supplier. That one cost a bunch of money.

But like many projects, you need the funding, the space, and the time.

Kind Regards,

Terry Terezakis