Happy Thanksgiving

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
blaktopr

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by blaktopr »

Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Chris Sikorski
Chris@wetflowtech.com
Totallywirednow.com
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Brucepts »

Thanks Chris same to you and yours!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Day after and we survived the feast. :D Great to have in-laws over and I am thankful for the friends I have made from this forum. Best wishes to all.
John
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

To my American friends, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Here in Canada, for most people, it was just another Thursday but for me and my family, it was a special day, my father's 90th birthday so, we had a day filled with family, feasting and celebration too. Much to be thankful for.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

blaktopr wrote:Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Who is this stranger?

Nice to here from you Chris,

Ed you are so right, by Dad would have been 90 this past February it's been 12 years and not a day goes buy I don't miss him, especially know with all this Dyno electronics, he being and EE and more was always my go to person to exercise the Grey Matter. HE would never give you the answer just gently lead you towards it.

Happy Holidays to all, (Politically Correct) :roll:

Rick
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

I know what you mean,Rick, this past February it was 10 years ago my mom passed away and I think about her all the time too.
In kind of a stranger bit of juxtaposition, on Thursday in addition to my dad's party, I also attended a memorial gathering for a friend's father, made my dad's birthday seem all the more special.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Thanks you guys for helping me remember my Dad. He died in 1990 and I still think of him a lot. He only had a 7th grade formal education. but mechanically and with wood he was so darn good. He taught me a lot. He was born in 1917 and his father died in 1927. The really had a rough time as it was the depression. He learned how to use everything and throw nothing away. When I had my shop he was visiting one day and I was having one of the guys throw some pallets away that parts had been on. He said "Good Hell!" (His favorite saying) What are you doing? I told him throwing pallets away. He told me NEVER, NEVER throw good wood away. So I had to have them loaded in his truck and I promised I would always take the others to his house. He would plane them smooth, they were all rough oak, and he would glue and dowel them together. He then made my mother a new set of kitchen cupboards and a book case for the family room. They were beautiful. He really instilled in us boys to never be wasteful! I miss him but I am thankful that we can be together again someday.

John
8ad-f85

Post by 8ad-f85 »

jfholm, great story! My great grandpa went through the Depression as a woodworker. Intricate jigsaw puzzles to high end cabinetry. Despite that, we laughed at his "alarm system". Tin cans across the window suspended by string, until it worked. Simple and effective.
His values definitely passed down. My uncles were quite handy and resourceful. My Dad was an electronics tech geek, pacemakers. Explains why I know nothing about electronics!

I'm new here, but feel welcome like a family. Recommended by a forum member from a different forum.

Happy Thanksgiving. :ugeek:
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

There's something really special about that generation, the things they lived through as children and young adults during the depression and WW2, we'll never truly understand but it made them who they are and to a large extent, made the world what it is today.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

86rocco wrote:There's something really special about that generation, the things they lived through as children and young adults during the depression and WW2, we'll never truly understand but it made them who they are and to a large extent, made the world what it is today.
Amen Ed and may we live a life that honors them