**** General BS, What on the mind today!

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
1960FL

**** General BS, What on the mind today!

Post by 1960FL »

Because i could not help myself being a boy that was born in Detroit and raised in Maryland...... (First time ever for us)

GO CAPS!

:-) to north Americans it's like Football/Soccer to us that like the cold.

Rick

OK i will take my beating now.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
storm

Re: **** General BS, What on the mind today!

Post by storm »

1960FL wrote:OK i will take my beating now.....
Sorry but I don't get why you are expecting a beating. I know that sport is very "tribal" but hey each to their own.
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

For many Canadians of my generation, hockey borders on religion. As a kid, my elementary school was next door to a church with a nice big empty parking lot so from grade one to grade eight, every recess, all winter long, it was ball hockey, a tough, tough game, lots of contact, no padding, I loved it. This was back in the days when kids activities during recesses were largely unsupervised, looking back, it's a small miracle no one was ever seriously injured. I wonder, do they still let kids bring hockey sticks on to school buses or are they now considered dangerous weapons. :roll:
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Ed, i was a little boy from Michigan and everybody who had a back yard and a pool had a ice rink of some kind most of the winter and we played 2 on 2 on a single goal on rink maybe 15 x 20.... I think the Caps were the furthest team south and Canooks really did not consider US teams even hockey. Spent many a Christmas Holiday watching my Wings play. I thank the Canadians for letting up in on their sport :-)

Rick