Interesting Email

Discussion on general flowbench design
Hotz

Re: Interesting Email

Post by Hotz »

Larry admire your way of thinking and acting .

I believe you when you say that it is very difficult to develop software for me to write these words using Google Trans is difficult to imagine what you do ..

Now pass the practical knowledge ( Cylinder Head Porting ) you acquired for computing and praiseworthy .

But we ( I ) do not need free programs , but we need the development of the program , as you did when I quoted metrics and other measures promptly and you added this option .

Do Dowload Software will be the same as adding 1 +1 = 2 ... No! do not need that need the fractions need the 1.1 and 1.9 so you need to continue.

Sometimes discouraged by not being valued (First gear) ; But make sure that there will be always someone there to admire and cherish ( (my case! Appreciate you and many here ) .

So I ask you to reconsider your position and still ask Bruce not distribute your software . Is the only thing I will not do Dowload on years of PTS .

Paul Robert Hotz

Larry admiro sua forma de pensar e agir.

Acredito em você quando diz que é muito difícil de desenvolver o software, para mim escrever estas palavra usando o Google Trans é complicado imagine fazer o que você faz..

Agora passar o conhecimento pratico (Cylinder Head Porting) que você adquiriu para computação e louvável.

Mas nós ( eu ) não precisamos de programas gratuitos e sim precisamos da evolução do programa, como você fez quando eu e outros citamos medidas métricas e você prontamente acrescentou esta opção.

Fazer o Dowload do Software vai ser a mesma coisa que somar 1+1=2...Não! não precisamos disso precisamos das frações precisamos do 1.1 do 1.9 e para isso você precisa continuar.

As vezes desanimamos por não sermos valorizados (Primeira marcha); Mas tenha certeza que sempre haverá alguém a admirar e valorizar (Meu caso! valorizo você e muitos aqui).

Sendo assim peço que reconsidere sua posição e ainda peço a Bruce não distribuir seu Software. Será a unica coisa que não farei Dowload em anos de PTS.

Paulo Roberto Hotz
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I edited some of the prior comments there is no need to name the second party in this deal.

It's a simple misunderstanding in my opinion knowing all the back story . . .
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

Time to put this matter to rest once and for all.

I've had software available for what..8 or 9 years now. NEVER have I run into this situation. First time for everything but it will be the LAST time this ever happens.....

The story I'm getting is that the bench that the software was purchased for was sold and the software went with it. OK... I can't prove one way or the other....

That said, and assumed to be true, then James is owed an apology from me. This is it. No excuses. It is what it is.
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

Larry, I hear what you’re saying but I want to explain my side totally. For the forum members following this thread, I will try and offer that here.
Firstly, thanks Bruce for editing the second parties name in Larry’s comments, his identity is really not important and he doesn’t need to be dragged down into this garbage. I have identified myself to show that I have nothing to hide and so that I can offer some defence to Larry’s accusations.

larrycavan wrote: Someone is shooting something..... I'm not convinced the truth is at all what is being laid out here :?

Here's what I know. On 4/13 Jim bought FlowSoftExcel. He's posted up pictures of HIS bench. I could reasonably conclude that he bought the software for himself.

On Sunday morning I get an email from (second party). It states that Jim built a flowbench for him and it came with my software and didn't seem to be working...

I count 2 benches....one software purchase...... What would you conclude?
Larry, whats being shot off with no aim is your mouth. I posted pictures in the PTS plans discussion area titled “My bench is done, 85” and 1044cfm” read the thread, I clearly state that I built it for someone else. The title is “My”, but I can claim ownership of the BUILD surely?

Larry, as I have explained in my emails to you there is only one flow bench and the emails and your responses are listed below.

Hi Larry, Sorry for any confusion here, I have bought one copy of your Flowsoft Excel program and installed into ( second party ) flowbench that I built for him.
I am not going to install it into any other computers without giving you $50 per use.
My last name is not superflow and i don't build flowbenches for other people usually. I was contracted to build This bench and it is the first that i have built for someone else. Please give him the support for your program as he was the purchaser. All previous correspondence between you and I was regarding the installation into his machine.
As with Bruce's plans, we must use our own honesty when utilizing other peoples ideas and you can rest assured if I install your program again you will get paid.
Check with Bruce Palsgrove if you like, I am honest and not here to burn anyone.

After this I saw Larry’s post on the forum so I emailed again

It would just be common courtesy Larry, just a reply to let me know that you got my email or to respond on the forum to the thread that you have started. There was no need to jump the gun and post in a public area suggesting I was a thief without waiting to hear from me first. Quite a few forum members know about the build and it didn't look good for me all.

Then a reply

James,
First, I kept your name out of the post. YOU and only YOU put your name out there.
Second, do you really expect me to believe you are not running the software on your bench as well as the one you sold to (second party)? I was born in the morning but it was this morning.
Larry C.

I responded with:

You didn't have to name me directly Larry, just saying that it was z & z performance of Australia was enough. People can fill in blanks and aren't as dumb as you think. How many benches do you think are being built in Australia for other people?
As for using your software on my bench. Hmmmm. That's a hard one considering I don't have a flowbench. The bench that I have been designing and getting parts together for got quickly built and finished and was paid for by ( second party )
You see Larry, he bought my flowbench project and now I have to start all over. Your a very small minded person Larry and you really struggle to see the big picture, just focusing on what can benefit you right now

Then

So now you have the answer Larry. Do you think I deserve an apology?

Larry’s response

What I have to say to you will be in public.

Larry C.

This flow bench was the fourth I have built and the first without water gauges. My previous builds were not overly accurate and two benches actually broke and in the end all three abandoned. This bench started out as my next build, a “PTS” design. After the initial plan and parts gathering, I was approached to finish the build under contract and supply it to another forum member here in Australia and make it full electronic and 60” capable. The build went well and I purchased Larry’s Flowsoft Excel and installed it into the customer’s computer. The bench was delivered and the owner contacted Larry for some support as listed in Larry’s posts.

This is the real story, I waited till I had all the facts

James "Jim" Charlton
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Bravo .... Big guys great confusion .... :D

**just a misunderstanding** :cry: ...

We expect nothing but ** Peace ** ... :P

and of course the software returns to be sold and evolved ... :idea:
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

James,

You never relayed a single bit of that information when you contacted me initially about software. If you would have let me in on your plans at that point none of this would have happened. You didn't mention the customer's name or anything. Lack of communication led to incorrect conclusions led to this mess... All I heard from you is MY bench....

It's not about the money. I've given away a lot for free to people to help them out.

Between cylinder heads, building motors and software, I get a boat load of email, forum messages and even text messages. Questions to answer, problems to sort out.....I can't being to keep everything sorted as to who someone is. Associating forum names with email address is impossible.

Still, that's no excuse. If you're on the up and up...then I did you wrong. Sorry but my faith in people in a bit lacking these days...
Larry C

jfholm

Post by jfholm »

larrycavan wrote:James,

You never relayed a single bit of that information when you contacted me initially about software. If you would have let me in on your plans at that point none of this would have happened. You didn't mention the customer's name or anything. Lack of communication led to incorrect conclusions led to this mess... All I heard from you is MY bench....

It's not about the money. I've given away a lot for free to people to help them out.

Between cylinder heads, building motors and software, I get a boat load of email, forum messages and even text messages. Questions to answer, problems to sort out.....I can't being to keep everything sorted as to who someone is. Associating forum names with email address is impossible.

Still, that's no excuse. If you're on the up and up...then I did you wrong. Sorry but my faith in people in a bit lacking these days...
In Larry's defense I know he is a good guy! James I know you are a good guy also. It is so hard to believe sometimes that people are good out there and we become jaded with life. This new house I am in was my wife and my dream come true. Only it turned out to be one lie after another from the builder. It was like trying to deal with a politician. Still you need to believe in people but be careful.

I am very impressed with the people of this forum. There seems to be a good spirit involved with all. I have talked to and become friends with people all over the world just from this forum. Jorge called me yesterday form Sao Miguel, an island west of Portugal. He is a great guy. I talk on the phone with many of the guys on this forum from all over the world. You don't see that on any other forum I have been on.

That is why I know this was just all a misunderstanding. As you can see it was talked out and things settled. Keep up the good work!

John
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

larrycavan wrote: It's not about the money. I've given away a lot for free to people to help them out.
larrycavan wrote:
It would appear that James Charlton is including my software without my authorization or paying me for it. THAT, I DO NOT APPRECIATE.
If you have James Charlton's email address I would like to have it......

Larry if it wasn't about the money then your accusations presumably were based on the principle of someone using your program for their own benefit.

As everyone including yourself has stated, this was a misunderstanding on your part.
I HAVE CLEARLY STATED MY POSITION ABOVE

I am in business also and have to try and keep up with multiple forum messages, emails, facebook messages, text messages, phone calls and the 50 - 100 people who walk in the shop daily. Misunderstandings happen all the time, but they can usually be resolved with simple communication.
After your email to the second party, all you had to do was wait for my reply which came a day later and explained the situation. Instead the forum thread started and here we are.
I don't think it would have mattered anyway because after my email and forum response you continued to try and discredit me in front of everyone here.

In my email posted above I encouraged you to contact Bruce if you were unsure about my integrity.
I bought plans off Bruce way back when the forum was the previous version "Tractor sport" and started to build a bench. When this new build became available to me for money late last year, guess what? I paid Bruce again.

Larry I was quite prepared to pay you again if I needed your program down the track, but don't bother keeping an eye on your accounts, I have deleted fse from my emails and you won't have to worry about any other misunderstandings as you won't hear from me again. I would rather eat splinters of glass before giving you any more money.
larrycavan wrote: Sorry but my faith in people in a bit lacking these days...
Me too Larry, after your display of character here.
This will be my last response to you. By all means, go ahead and rubbish me to other people as you have done here and to my customer, as long as this thread stays up the forum members will see what really happened.
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Please gentlemen .... calm down the spirits ... Better PEACE ...

Bruce please lock this topic all well enlightened... ;)
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

RACEPUMPER wrote:
larrycavan wrote: It's not about the money. I've given away a lot for free to people to help them out.
larrycavan wrote:
It would appear that James Charlton is including my software without my authorization or paying me for it. THAT, I DO NOT APPRECIATE.
If you have James Charlton's email address I would like to have it......

Larry if it wasn't about the money then your accusations presumably were based on the principle of someone using your program for their own benefit.

As everyone including yourself has stated, this was a misunderstanding on your part.
I HAVE CLEARLY STATED MY POSITION ABOVE

I am in business also and have to try and keep up with multiple forum messages, emails, facebook messages, text messages, phone calls and the 50 - 100 people who walk in the shop daily. Misunderstandings happen all the time, but they can usually be resolved with simple communication.
After your email to the second party, all you had to do was wait for my reply which came a day later and explained the situation. Instead the forum thread started and here we are.
I don't think it would have mattered anyway because after my email and forum response you continued to try and discredit me in front of everyone here.

In my email posted above I encouraged you to contact Bruce if you were unsure about my integrity.
I bought plans off Bruce way back when the forum was the previous version "Tractor sport" and started to build a bench. When this new build became available to me for money late last year, guess what? I paid Bruce again.

Larry I was quite prepared to pay you again if I needed your program down the track, but don't bother keeping an eye on your accounts, I have deleted fse from my emails and you won't have to worry about any other misunderstandings as you won't hear from me again. I would rather eat splinters of glass before giving you any more money.
larrycavan wrote: Sorry but my faith in people in a bit lacking these days...
Me too Larry, after your display of character here.
This will be my last response to you. By all means, go ahead and rubbish me to other people as you have done here and to my customer, as long as this thread stays up the forum members will see what really happened.
So you're done? Good... let's move on. There would be no reason for me to "rubbish you". As general rule I try to avoid that. I jumped to conclusions and it caught me on the wrong day. Feel free to install the software on your own build if you want...or don't. It's up to you.
Larry C