Caibration Problems

Discussion on general flowbench design
Flathead

Re: Caibration Problems

Post by Flathead »

Hi
Thanks
Bruce given your last comments can I re engineer my inclined manometer using 86Roccos spreadsheet to get a delta p that lines up with the effective rise of my current manometer by the looks I would have to increase tube diameter and reduce well diameter?? and then return it to near 30 degrees???

Grant
coulterracn

Post by coulterracn »

Flathead wrote:Hi
Thanks
Bruce given your last comments can I re engineer my inclined manometer using 86Roccos spreadsheet to get a delta p that lines up with the effective rise of my current manometer by the looks I would have to increase tube diameter and reduce well diameter?? and then return it to near 30 degrees???

Grant
Like Bruce said, You have good numbers now. I'd use the spreadsheet to get the size tube and well diameter to place the incline on a 30 degree angle. It will make the scale easier to read.

Now you have an idea how to calibrate it. You're on your way to flowbench happiness.

Ray
My Flowbench is better than their's
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Grant,

What are you using for Fluid? Water & Color?

Also I would calibrate to True Rise First then move on to %scale if that is what you truely want to use.

Rick
Flathead

Post by Flathead »

Hi
Water food coloring and drop of detergent. Re reading about True Rise lots to learn.
Grant
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Grant,

Here is a good calculator to play with, it will help you understand solving for the true rise of the incline monometer. Just enter the angle ifyou enter in side C the actual lenght read on the inline scale then enter in the angle A it will solve all the other math and provide you the true rise. Side "a" which is the acutal Delta P preasure in inches of whater.

I hope this helps to better understand the incline.

Rick

http://www.csgnetwork.com/righttricalc.html
Flathead

Post by Flathead »

Hi
I'm still playing around with my inclined manometer, to get a more aesthetic and accurate angle, using different well and tube sizes my question is what is the real delta P rating required for the internal plates the straight vertical rise or the calculated Delta P that is effected by tube and well size. eg
.375" ID tube
.750" ID well
28" long 7" rise Delta P = 14 WC " from spreadsheet.
Should internal plates be rated at 7'' or 14"
Just looking for reasons for large angle variance calculated against that needed to achieve calibration. Or am I still confused .
Thanks
Grant
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Water food coloring and drop of detergent. Re reading about True Rise lots to learn.
Grant

question guys? these liquids do not separate over time
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
Flash

Post by Flash »

Hotz wrote:
Grant

question guys? these liquids do not separate over time
The only time mine separates is when it freezes when its back to liquid i have to make the fluid move around and mix again.... thats the only time!
Gordon
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Grant,

Your incline rise is 14" so you use a 14" rate plate inside,

Are you sure your incline is using 3/8 ID tubing that would be like 1/2 OD thin wall ????

Rick
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Thanks Flash :)
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html