Leakage CFM

Discussion on general flowbench design
cnsperf

Leakage CFM

Post by cnsperf »

How much leakage is acceptable? I am getting 8 CFM at 28"H2O. Do I just subtract that from my flow numbers or calibrate the cd of the orifice to show 8 CFM less than what the plate should be flowing? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Chris
jfholm

Re: Leakage CFM

Post by jfholm »

cnsperf wrote:How much leakage is acceptable? I am getting 8 CFM at 28"H2O. Do I just subtract that from my flow numbers or calibrate the cd of the orifice to show 8 CFM less than what the plate should be flowing? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Chris
Chris,
have you looked to find the leak? I think I would look for the leak first as it may be something that is getting worse. If it continues to increase you may think your readings are calibrated but they may be changing on you.

John
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

How much leakage is acceptable?
Across the orifice internal plate? I/E in the intake mode with the top sealed off NONE. you should not have any leaks in this area.

Rick
cnsperf

Post by cnsperf »

I don't think I had the top sealed off well enough. I will try it again with a blank orifice plate. Thanks for the help.
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

1960FL wrote

Across the orifice internal plate? I/E in the intake mode with the top sealed off NONE. you should not have any leaks in this area.

Like this http://youtu.be/10ISjMwJuwU

:)
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

This video I did is unavailable now so this link will not work any more http://youtu.be/10ISjMwJuwU

I am making a new video :)