Stand by's in case something breaks

Discussion on general flowbench design
jfholm

Re: Stand by's in case something breaks

Post by jfholm »

Rick I do have one of those handheld manometers I bought off of eBay a couple of years ago. I paid $48 for it and it is pretty nice. It in no way would be a replacement for for Bruce's Digital Manometer. I was just wondering if I had a head that was a "must" get out the door and my DM died is there another way without having to jump through hoops too much.

John
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

John my point is not knowing what you have in hand you still need TWO manometers one for static and one for DP, be it digital liquid or a piece of vinyl tube taped to a yard stick (meter stick).... without both your testing is flawed.

I still to this day believe the least confusing simplest solution is to use Meter sticks and eds spreadsheet in the metric mode. without getting fancy you can use two simple vertical manometers one 36" and one 48" in the intake put the 36" on the upper chamber and the 48" on the lower chamber. these can be as set resting in a coffee can zeroed out at rest. pull to 28" test read the lower chamber manometer subtract 28 from it and plug that number in eds sheet bingo Flow all of about $5 us at HD. once you get into oils and inclines it just gets complicated.

Rick

BTW your hand held on the DP and a vertical water for depression will work even better, But remember you were trying to do this on the cheep and others may not have a hand held digital manometer.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

This was all a hypothetical situation. But yes I have a static vertical manometer also. A just in case scenario. I am going to use either my Black Box if it works or something like Bruce's if it doesn't