CFD your Flow Bench

Discussion on general flowbench design
BradH

Re: CFD your Flow Bench

Post by BradH »

On a related (I think) topic, I'm going to do a "budget" upgrade on my lil' SF-110 since I have it apart to repair an electrical issue. I saw a picture of the plenum of someone else's 110 posted elsewhere when they had to do a similar repair and noticed the baffle near the intake flow control valve. My first thought was "I should add one of those to the exhaust side, too", since I'd seen some odd behavior w/ inconsistent exhaust measurements depending on whether the exhaust port was tested facing the back of the bench, or facing the operator.

When I looked back in mine again, I found it didn't even have the intake baffle this other person's 110 has: both the intake and exhaust flow control valves are "wide open" to the rest of the plenum. Anyone else think adding similar baffles to both the intake & exhaust valves is a good idea? Thanks. - Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

Pretty sure mine has a baffle either side, I'll check tomorrow and take a pic

Jim
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

Hey brad, the baffles in mine are the same height as the sides and extend 5 1/2" from the rear where the flow control valves are. This is a later cabinet as far as I know, about 15 years old

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RACEPUMPER on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

Also I should add some more info, that this was a brand new replacement cabinet / enclosure from superflow so what your seeing is how it came from the factory. It is not owner modified so I would take the baffles as a positive modification if superflow saw the need for them. This one was originally listed as a general replacement for the 110/260 although it has a hole in the front and label for a temp gauge which the 260 didn't have so I think its made to be a bit universal. It came into Australia in 2002. Hope this helps

Jim
BradH

Post by BradH »

RACEPUMPER wrote:... I would take the baffles as a positive modification if superflow saw the need for them.
Yep... I'm NOT insane! (Except for wanting to put time & money into upgrading a SF-110.. ;) )
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

BradH wrote: (Except for wanting to put time & money into upgrading a SF-110.. ;) )
Yes Brad, you and me both, but it keeps the brain busy......

Jim