Helgeson Calibration plate. anyone built and tested it?

Discussion on general flowbench design
Malvin

Re: Helgeson Calibration plate. anyone built and tested it?

Post by Malvin »

BakerLite

I posted some initial test results for this type of bench , on this forum back in 2012. Needless to say after I posted the results, there was not much interest in the thread.

Now do not take this wrong :)

There is no interest in this type of flow bench because one reason is floating depression you end up with( converted depression numbers )
people do not want converted numbers( they want the real numbers) . 2. reasons orifice plate there is no need for 6 holes in one orifice plate
when One PTS sharp edge orifice plate does the job .( My opinion is The PTS Flow Bench is way more powerful the Design of it is just right
down superior Yes even better then SF My PTS flow bench repeats with the same numbers Plus the PTS Flow Bench is very easy to build ) :)
Bakerlite

Post by Bakerlite »

Malvin, I've got no interest in what you have to say because is has nothing to do with my original question. Your statement above is also incorrect, you are not using converted numbers with this bench, obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
If you don't have any feedback on the plate, don't post. This forum is for all flowbench discussion not just orifice type and I didn't ask you to come here and spruik the virtues of it either.
Want to do something constructive? Make the plate, test it and report back your results like I have done with my testing.
Otherwise move on.
quartermaster

Post by quartermaster »

I believe Malvin was trying to be constructive and helpful when he posted the information that you said you already have. I also think he was just trying to give good advice on a good proven bench. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Just sayin. Don't worry I will move on
saltfever

Post by saltfever »

Me too. unsubscribed.
Bakerlite

Post by Bakerlite »

I asked a simple question... why is it so hard for people to give a simple answer that is relevant to that question...
Anyway...
Helgeson Plate ..... anyone??
Tony

Post by Tony »

Bakerlite wrote: Why is it so hard for people to give a simple answer that is relevant to that question...
Probably because nobody here is really interested in your problem.
Its just so far away from the generally accepted (around here) way of doing things.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Bakerlite

Post by Bakerlite »

Tony, looks like you have forgotten this too..
Mission Statement: The PTS Flowbench Forum is a community of dedicated members who share the common belief in promoting with a spirit of camaraderie and mutual respect for other members any and all discussion on any type of flowbench, not specifically PTS style flowbenches/parts.

The number one priority and commitment is to promote, at all times, a world class forum which enables it's membership to build a long-term relationship with each member and welcome members to participate no matter what your level of knowledge to help increase the collective knowledge base of the PTS Flowbench Forum.

So I guess in your eyes, this forum is now only about discussing orifice benches... or being a sheep and following what everyone else is doing..

I also don't see how discussing an orifice plate is "just so far away from the generally accepted (around here) way of doing things"
Tony

Post by Tony »

I will say it again.
Nobody here seems interested in replying to your problem.

The answer to your original question appears to be a definite NO.
Nobody here has built and tested one of those plates.
Bakerlite

Post by Bakerlite »

That's not what you said, you said:
"Probably because nobody here is really interested in your problem."
That's not the same as:
"Nobody here seems interested in replying to your problem."
And who said it's a problem? I'm just asking if anyone experimented with one and what they found. At the end of the day I will have to make one , just like I make sharp edge orifice plates, but it would be nice to know if anyone had some data and could shed some light on whether it actually worked accurately or not.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I cannot be bothered arguing with you.
Unsubscribing from this thread.