yup i'm new.

Discussion on general flowbench design
mnewbe

yup i'm new.

Post by mnewbe »

hello all, Ive been reading on the forum for about an hour. I can't find exactly what I'm looking for (mainly because I don't know the lingo) or because I'm A.D.D. :? I'm trying to find out what size to make my orifice plates for my first bench. I'm not entirely sure it will pull 28" but I think it will. I will mainly be flowing small engine single cylinder heads/carbs. 200cfm max @28".
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: yup i'm new.

Post by Brucepts »

Welcome to the forum!

First thing you need to figureout is what rise you will be using for your incline, this will be your differential pressure. Are you going to make/buy water gauges or go digital?

Once you know this info you can then use Ed's spreadsheet located in the spreadsheet area to calculate your orifice plate sizes.

If you have not done so already read the Flowbench 101 post http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... hp?f=3&t=5
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
mnewbe

Post by mnewbe »

The software in my phone wont let me change any of the calculations on the spreadsheets. So I really don't know what angle or length I should make the incline. The stuff I'm working on max cfm I've ever heard of is 200cfm and more so in the range of 150-200. So I need to be able to see small gains. Here's a pic of the monster sucker/blower. (If i loaded it correctly) Manufacturer says it should put out around 1800cfm.
RACEPUMPER

Post by RACEPUMPER »

No photo above
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
mnewbe

Post by mnewbe »

ill try again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mnewbe

Post by mnewbe »

Well since I got the bad news from Bruce on the phone today that this vac wont do what I thought, I'm going to end this discussion and go looking for other budget friendly sources. Thanks for the help today Bruce. :)
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

mnewbe wrote:Well since I got the bad news from Bruce on the phone today that this vac wont do what I thought, I'm going to end this discussion and go looking for other budget friendly sources. Thanks for the help today Bruce. :)

No problem! As we talked about it's alot of info to digest in a few hours on the forum. We are here to give you a helping hand . . .
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .