High-pitch whistle

Discussion on general flowbench design
Lbracing

High-pitch whistle

Post by Lbracing »

Hello--- I had thought I had finished cleaning up my intake ports and was vacuuming them out and noticed a high pitched whistle..so i stuck my finger along the floor about 2" in and it went away..had this same whistle on each port of this one head, the other was fine..I also noticed that if i put my finger 3/4" in on the long wall roof it went away to.

I tried the finger in all the floors and two were about 2" in and one was 1/2" in and the other was just before the crest of the short turn---to stop the whistling noise.

But they all stop as soon as i put my finger about 3/4" in at the top corner radius on the long wall.

what usually cause's this type of noise?? and where should i start to try to eliminate it? I did not have any entry plate or it was not on a bench--compared to the other port there is no real visible difference. I did have the same type of seal on both heads..

I have not finished the bench yet..long process..lol but any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

It is a big block chevy oval port..head..

Thanks
Lbracing

Re: High-pitch whistle

Post by Lbracing »

Update----helps if you have the valve in place and also wouldn't hurt to have the rocker stud in either... :) again put the ole finger over the guide...bang no whistle...
storm

Post by storm »

Good job figuring it out.
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I was thinking spark plug . . . ;)
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Lbracing

Post by Lbracing »

Wouldn't hurt to plug that either... :D