Windows compatibility

Discussion on general flowbench design
Bstinger

Windows compatibility

Post by Bstinger »

I am currently running Windows 8.1. Can I update to Windows 10 and run Flowsoft software with no problems?
1960FL

Re: Windows compatibility

Post by 1960FL »

I am testing the install and operation sometime this weekend and will post the results

Rick
Bstinger

Post by Bstinger »

Great! I await your results. Microsoft has already downloaded to my machine and would only give me until Sunday at 5 pm before it goes ahead and installs. You gotta love them!
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

The3 basic answer is yes FlowSoft will run on Windows 10, If it is installed on windows 7 or 8.1 and running and you perform the upgrade to 10 it should run fine.

At this time I do not recommend you doing a NEW install on Windows 10 unless you are computer literate to a level that you can follow instruction to the point of registering activex components.

I am going to work on a installation solution for Win 10 in the coming weeks, I will have Bruce move this thread to the FlowSoft section.

Rick.
Bstinger

Post by Bstinger »

Thanks for the info. I am running Flowsoft successfully on 8.1 and upgrading to 10 so I should be okay. I have decided to wait until after the holidays to do it (the Windows 10 genie will have to stay in the bottle until then) when I have more time.

Thanks also for having this thread moved. I looked in the Flowsoft area first and didn't see anything there so I put it in general.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Sorry I didn't get back to calling you! I was away for the weekend with my wife so it was a "no business" weekend.

Thanks Rick for looking into this.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .