How to use a SF100 or 110 bench

Discussion on general flowbench design
drifter

How to use a SF100 or 110 bench

Post by drifter »

Hi guys I know the basics of the machine just would like to ask some questions on calculating the results I have a sb chevy head I know it flows in the range of 270-290 cfm @ 28" I want to flow it @ 5" so @ 600 lift @ 5" I was coming up with 64 on the incline manometer and my lower temp gauge
was about 64 deg and the upper 90 deg now I did not have any clay for a radius on the intake opening I know that was wrong I will retest but what calculations would you do to my numbers to get a final flow number @ 28" I know you multiple by 2.37

I also do not have a flow plate at all im sure I should get that to make sure the bench is accurate
RACEPUMPER

Re: How to use a SF100 or 110 bench

Post by RACEPUMPER »

I have SF 110 instructions in PDF if that's any help, they are too big to load here so if you need them, just use this link or google it.

svmcams.com/material/Superflow%20110%20Instructions.pdf

Also use Ed's spreadsheet here on the forum to figure your conversion to 28"

Always use a radius and you gotta get some calibration plates from Bruce, I'm sure He can even mark on them what they flow @ 5 or 10" if you prefer. You may be surprised how inaccurate it is.

Jim
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
DaveMcLain

Re: How to use a SF100 or 110 bench

Post by DaveMcLain »

It isn't too hard to understand if you read the manual but on the SF110 or any flow bench with the motor in between the test part and the measuring orifice you have to do a correction for the change in air temperature across the motor, no big deal. Without a motor control the temperature difference tends to become pretty significant too.