Deck plate cover

Discussion on general flowbench design
John Doney

Deck plate cover

Post by John Doney »

A couple questions: How should I mount the deck plates? What kind of lube should I use on the deck plate seal? How much easier are the deck plates to open close when lubed? I made the mistake of tightening both deck plates when dry, now I'm wondering if screws in mdf with silicone / epoxy will be enough? The deck plates are extremely tight.
Hotz

Re: Deck plate cover

Post by Hotz »

Hello John...
I particularly used graphite powder other guys have used silicone, believe talcum powder is also efficient.
Regarding unlock the cover, I advise you to apply a little silicone spray and apply force gradually until it is released. MDF not withstand the force applied always there is a possibility of making new holes for a new assembly.

But mechanically the screws will overcome a great effort and the cap will drop, you can make a wooden tool to fit the lid with one arm with 2 feet (A good lever)

Bruce this is good information to transfer to the restricted area My topic Database. :idea:
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Silicone, sprayed on a rag and then wiped on the seal is what I would use.

Some have made handles attached to the deck plate to make it easier to turn and latch. Pushing in a little while turning also helps

I just brute strength mine but I'm a little guy and we like challenges :mrgreen:
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

i use the Silicone dialectic grease

Rick