I'm another new member

Discussion on general flowbench design
Flow Bench Dave

I'm another new member

Post by Flow Bench Dave »

I just happened to find this forum by accident while looking for a "Flow Bench" magazine article by Google search.

In 1972 I built a flow bench in the corner of my garage. I built it from a magazine article about building your own kitchen table flow bench. The article was by a GM engineer, who's name I can't remember because I've misplaced the article, I don't even remember what the name of the magazine was.

In 2001 we moved out of that house and the flow bench went into boxes and a storage unit. I'm now rebuilding it in a much better fashion then it was originally. Instead of a 2 X 4 frame it's now got a frame from 1" square tubing, with everything painted and spiffy, the "ReDo" has taken at least 4 times as long as the 1st build (of course in '72 I was 40 years younger). Right now I'm solving a problem with my main manometer, it sprung a leak, so painting it is on hold till I get the leak epoxied up so it will hold vacuum.

When I get done I'll post some pictures. If anybody knows about that article I sure would like to have a copy, or at least a reference.

Dave
1960FL

Re: I'm another new member

Post by 1960FL »

Welcome to the forum looking forward to your pictures.

Rick
Tony

Re: I'm another new member

Post by Tony »

Yes welcome Dave, show us what you have there !
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.