It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 VAcuum motors & CFM 

Which Ametek or Lighthouse vacuum motor pulls the most CFM @ 28" and 44" in a 220v or 240v Motor? Posted this elsewhere by but no reply.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:26 am

Lots of discussion on motors Here viewforum.php?f=15

This is a loaded question, there is no single best motor unless you are not constrained by any of the following,

Money
Mains Current supply
Space
control current limit.

Rick

PS. Please try not to multiple post in different areas, if you did not get the desired response to your first post maybe those viewing it did not have the answer or did not feel like doing the research for you. in the future id no response just post in the same thread with question marks or a nice Hello or Help.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 am

My replies aren't always coming thru. My method for calculating CFM is, example: The number just higher than 44" and the number just higher than 28" and divide the 44" into the next highest number to get a percentage ratio difference. Then take that ratio percentage to calculate the CFM @ 44" and 28" respectively from the Lighthouse bulletin. In my case a LH 2093-240 would be 106 @ 44" and 114 @ 28". Having said all this I don't know if my method is right or wrong. HELP!!!!! THANKS RON

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm
Site Admin

As we discussed a few times you are way over thinking the whole motor flow at 44" it is not an "exact science" it gets you close but the motors do not add up inside the flowbench.

I would not be to worried about getting an exact calculation, I simply look at the motor flow chart and rough estimate the flow at 44", again it is just an approximate of potential to get you headed in the right direction.

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .

Charter Member of the "Society of Open-End Wrench Users"

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am
Profile WWW

Ron just be clear what the motor can flow at 28" has no affect on your bench performance unless you plan on testing at 12" test pressure.

44 = 28" test pressure + the 16" delta P at full scale so the 44 number is just what the potential is at WFO pulling 28" and pegging the Delta P.

Rick

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm

Hopefully I won't need to test that low. I was just curious about the individual motor CFM on the data sheet as to what it would be at 44" & 28". I feel confident that my motors will be more than enough for what I will be flowing. Thanks for your help, Rick!

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]