electronix cooling

Discussion on general flowbench design
GUNT

electronix cooling

Post by GUNT »

Has anybody placed a small , say computer fan in with with the fan power source to aid cooling , or is this not even an issue

also any links to manometer's diy or resale

Cheers
1960FL

Re: electronix cooling

Post by 1960FL »

Yes i did on mine it circulates air up from the bottom and out the top you can see the grate i made from the side at the top i think picture 2.

Rick

My bench summary http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=8&t=565
MAX_CFM

Post by MAX_CFM »

I can't even look at my bench anymore after seeing how nice that one is. :oops:
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Thank you, it's funny but i walk past it in the shop and use it and i forget the project and the work that went into it now i'm trying to get my ass in gear and build another one with more motors in the same box size :-).

Rick
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

GUNT wrote:Has anybody placed a small , say computer fan in with with the fan power source to aid cooling , or is this not even an issue

also any links to manometer's diy or resale

Cheers
Do you mean analog (water/oil) or digital?

Rick
GUNT

Post by GUNT »

water or oil , i have the digital , but would also like the visual conformation too
ronm

Post by ronm »

On the right side of the electronic bay I made two big holes, one at the bottom, one at the top and inside I installed two computer fans. The bottom fan draws air in and the top one draws it out. It's over kill as nothing ever gets hot in there. Ron
paulo_aa

Post by paulo_aa »

My SCR power regulator from China (substitutes the SSR sold by Bruce) has a huge heat sink and came with a 4in ~ 5in 220v fan (is almost the same used in PCs) and a simple thermoswitch that goes over the heat sink (This type. At a given termperature it closes electrical contact and the fan starts.

As I did cut my cabinet in CNC, I made a grill on the side panel right in front of the fan.

Actually it would be better with two grils (one at the top and one at the front of the fan) to gets better air circulation.