Manometer Question

Discussion on general flowbench design
davidbraley

Manometer Question

Post by davidbraley »

Just wanted to first say what a great forum this is. I really appreciate the knowledge base you guys and gals bring to the table. I've also been pouring over the content of the old forum, as well as looking at the popular boiler-plate industry benches. Just trying to do my homework before I start building a bench for myself. ;)

So now I have a nob question: :roll:

I was looking at the SuperFlow SP-600 and I noticed on the far left what appears to be two large 48" manometers. I'm assuming one is for the test pressure. What is the second one for? Or is it only one? The spec sheet says it only has one. I'm confused. :?

I'm not talking about the sloped manometer in the middle used to calculate air flow, but the very tall ones on the left of the machine.

You can see both of them in this picture:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance. Take care,

David
I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Manometer Question

Post by Brucepts »

One is for static test pressure and the other would be for a velocity probe or fuel signal testing on carbs or anything else you would want to test using a water gauge. Would be the same as the 3rd sensor on a PTS Digital Manometer (which is standard).

They probably put it in the picture for marketing to "appear" that you are getting something more than the text of the ad is telling you you get with the basic unit. The uniformed would never think to ask . . . you have asked though so the forum is doing it's job :)
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

They probably put it in the picture for marketing to "appear" that you are getting something more than the text of the ad is telling you you get with the basic unit.
Like the $$$$$$ Flowcom unit hanging there in the middle!

Rick
davidbraley

Post by davidbraley »

Ah, it's the marketing department up to their old tricks again! 8-)

I was just worried that maybe I didn't completely understanding the basic schematic of how a simple flowbench worked. :roll:

Back to my research.......

Thanks again guys and take care,

David
I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
DaveMcLain

Post by DaveMcLain »

Actually I think that the SF-600 does include an extra manometer with the basic bench, no Flowcom though.