New to Flowbenchs and the PTS plans have just arrived

Discussion on general flowbench design
lokii

New to Flowbenchs and the PTS plans have just arrived

Post by lokii »

I'm new to flowbench's, so please be gentle with me.

I've tried the search, but can't seem to find details for water manometer, that'll work with the PTS flowbench plans.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction please.

Cheers

Chris
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: New to Flowbenchs and the PTS plans have just arrived

Post by Brucepts »

Lots of info on the old forum, I'll get you setup over there in a little bit and send you a PM :)
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

We also approached it some what on this new forum at this link http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=122 I also have the scale in pdf form I can email you if you want to go to a 36" length inclined manometer.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lokii

Post by lokii »

Thanks, I had a quick look around this forum last night, lots of stuff on here, don't know where to start.

I did find your thread John, very interesting, I'll have a more in depth look a bit later when I have some more time. Just one question though, this inclined manometer, what can you measure with it (spot the newbie)?

Thanks bruce for setting me up on the other forum, I'll go and have a look.

Cheers

Chris
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

lokii wrote: (spot the newbie)?
Just remember we were all newbies at one time, now we are here to help the new people and learn along with them. I think everyday I learn something more about flowbenches from the discussion that happens here, I am by no means a "Flowbench Guru" as some may think the collective membership of this forum gives us GURU powers!!! :lol:

So feel free to ask away, newbies are "tolerated" (said in a joking way) and welcomed here . . . this ain't your typical internet forum :D
Bruce

Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Let me also add . . . the plans do not include info on water gauges simply because there are so many variations on how they can be built and will depend on what the person has around them for parts. I could come up with something and then everyone would try and conform to those ideas. By letting them learn the hows and whys reading on the forum they get more educated about what they are building which helps them understand why air does what it does.

Now, I know there are some out the that could careless about the hows and whys of a flowbench and simply want to dole out cfm numbers to customers and thats ok with me. But, that does not follow with my goals of why this forum was started or why I sell parts. The parts came after the forum was started years ago and simply grew out of a need and pushing by some on this forum for me to sell what I was building. (Water gauges was not included with that sorry to say) ;)
Bruce

lokii

Post by lokii »

The plans you have supplied are very good, It's not going to be difficult to get my bench built. And your learning philosophy, is a good one to have and I am glad I have joined this group.

I am not in a position to spend a load of money, on a flowbench, so I need to get it right first time, which is why I bought your plans. My intention is to start with water Manometers and eventually move over to digital, as and when funds become available.
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Build the bench, right now spend any extra $$$'s on motors (most important part of the whole build), we'll help you build some water gauges and you will get a heck of an education along the way!!! :D

Keep in mind my bench design can be built without using any of my PTS parts.
Bruce

lokii

Post by lokii »

Brucepts wrote: you will get a heck of an education along the way!!! :D
Cool :D

Found a supplier of acrylic tube for my manometers, but the vacuum motors, not too sure about those. When I find what I think is a suitable motor, I'll post it on here for you guys to say yes or no.
I think I'll have to look at buying old vacuum cleaners and ripping the motors out of them. Obviously trying to get the same ones.
lokii

Post by lokii »

Found on ebay four 'Henry vacuum cleaners - job lot' the specs are 45 litres/sec, which I believe is about 95cfm, 1200Watts.

What do you think?