Hello from new member

Discussion on general flowbench design
johnny99

Hello from new member

Post by johnny99 »

Hello, I found this forum while searching for info on flowbenchs. I have a little tuning/raceshop in Ireland, and I am in the middle of building a flowbench from plans in a book called "How to build, modify a powertune cylinder heads" by Peter Burgess and David Gollan. Has anyone any experience with the book or the flowbench, as I would like to know before I go any further. It is very difficult go get good info on porting and bench's, and this forum is a gem.

Thanks in advance

John
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Hello from new member

Post by Brucepts »

Welcome to the forum!

I have that book in my flowbench library. For those who do not have it; the flowbench is built around an orifice in a canister (oversize pipe).
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hello John, and welcome to the Forum.

I have not seen that particular book, so cannot really comment.

The information you will find right here on the Forum is a vast resource that has gradually accumulated over many years from many very knowledgeable and experienced contributors.
Everything you need to know to build a bench that is comparable in every respect to the very best commercial flow benches is right here.
And any questions you have will be promptly answered.

There are two ways to obtain all the information you need to build your own flow bench.
You can start reading through many many hundreds of threads, and start taking notes.
It is all here, and all completely free.

Or you can buy a set of Forum flow bench plans which contain all the distilled knowledge and experience.
These Forum plans have been regularly upgraded with all the very latest combined thinking, experience, and ideas of everyone here.
Bruce has put it all together for you, and these plans are highly recommended.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
johnny99

Post by johnny99 »

Thanks for the welcome's. I've been reading a few post, and yes, the information is vast, enoughn to make a man confused, but I'll press on.

The flowbench is very similar to the picture in the first post on thread Flowbench 101 in the section.

John
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Welcome John,

Do not forget the old forum it is held in archive now for reading only but is the true foundation to what we all do. I think if you search hard enough there is a thread with good dialog about an orifice in a pipe. The forum can be found here http://www.tractorsport.com/cgi-bin/for ... nboard.cgi

I look forward to reading about your project please keep us up to date.

Rick
nhrata

Post by nhrata »

Welcome Aboard
Flash

Post by Flash »

1960FL wrote:Welcome John,

Do not forget the old forum it is held in archive now for reading only but is the true foundation to what we all do. I think if you search hard enough there is a thread with good dialog about an orifice in a pipe. The forum can be found here http://www.tractorsport.com/cgi-bin/for ... nboard.cgi

I look forward to reading about your project please keep us up to date.

Rick
Unfortunately you can only link John to the old forum, The link, isn't getting us to the thread. :(

Welcome,
and you my need to PM Bruce to be able to enter the archives or get signed up.
Gordon
racehead

Post by racehead »

I have to agree with what Tony said. The best way to build a flowbench is with Bruce`s plans. They are cheap regarding all the information that they contain and now Bruce has all the items to build the bench. You will save money this way and also dealing with the same person that knows what works is a great idea.