Help Kick-Start PTS's projects

Mission Statement: The PTS Flowbench Forum is a community of dedicated members who share the common belief in promoting with a spirit of camaraderie and mutual respect for other members any and all discussion on any type of flowbench, not specifically PTS style flowbenches/parts.

The number one priority and commitment is to promote, at all times, a world class forum which enables it's membership to build a long-term relationship with each member and welcome members to participate no matter what your level of knowledge to help increase the collective knowledge base of the PTS Flowbench Forum.

Brucepts
Site Admin

Help Kick-Start PTS's projects

Post by Brucepts »

As of August 24 2012 I will be venturing into the realm of being my own boss and working only at PTS, I have given notice at my part-time job that I need to spend my time on my own business and try and see where I can take it.

That being said one of my goals is to have more video help as has been requested, I have no clue as to what I will need for a camera or have to do for editing software nor any idea how much it will cost. A friend of mine was in the same situation when he found his band did not have reliable transportation so he contacted Kick-Start which is a website that allows people to offer their dreams to investors for an investment of $$$'s. With that investment the investors get something in return once the $$$ goal is meet. My friend needed a new van to haul the band all over the country, he needed $15,000 and he reached that goal.

I on the other hand can't take my dream to Kick-Start as I doubt anyone over there would be interested in anything I have to offer in the way of rewards (nor do I need $15,000 but it would be nice :mrgreen: ), so here I am making my own plea on a website that does care how one's dreams are met!

I would like to purchase a video camera I can use for making instructional videos on my flowbench products, what I know I will need is a camera and a tripod after that I have no clue. What I can offer as a reward would be PTS stickers at this time. For any donation of $20 or more I will send out 2 PTS Stickers, they are 10" x 3-3/4". Any donation is appreciated even if it's $1.00 :D

Any monies raised over the cost of what I need for the camera will be put towards getting PTS merchandise ie hats and shirts etc for sale in the future. This has been something I have wanted to do for a while now but can never seem to find the extra $$$'s to spend on inventory as most of what I make on parts buys more parts to sell. If you include your user name in your donation I can change your profile to say donator or something like that so everyone knows who has helped out :)

Thanks in advance!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
1960FL

Re: Help Kick-Start PTS's projects

Post by 1960FL »

As a business person and employer of 30 plus people I know the pain and struggle of venturing off on ones own and the sheer stress of how will tomorrows bills get paid.

Over the past years I have worked with Bruce on many flownbench projects mostly ideas and mentoring but all in all mostly support. I personally believe in Bruce I have coached him in business and in fallowing his dreams and I know he can do this at a personal service and quality level that those of us in the performance world only know of in the top products out there.

As Bruce decided to move forward in his dream he decided he needed to make some room in the shop and offered up to me two pieces of equipment that neither of us could put a price on. Bruce being the guy he is said Rick just come and get them, me being the mentor CANNOT so here is where I can make a difference.

Just like Public Television I am making an offer to all the members… Between August 4, 2012 and September 4, 2012 For the first 10 (Ten) members to make a Donation to Bruce’s cause of $100.00 US Dollars, I will match your donation and recognize you here on this post. If Bruce wants to send you gift, that is up to him.

So for now rather than run my mouth more I have covered the first match and am waiting for your PM to match the other 9.

Thanks to you all for supporting Bruce.

Rick
blaktopr

Post by blaktopr »

1960FL wrote: the pain and struggle of venturing off on ones own and the sheer stress of how will tomorrows bills get paid.
Rick
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is not fun. ^^^^^^^^^^
Bruce good luck!!

Hey Rick!!! ;)
Chris Sikorski
Chris@wetflowtech.com
Totallywirednow.com
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

I am now up for two so far, waiting on Bruce to recognize Donator #1

Chris thanks I did my part just can’t thank you guy’s enough.

Rick

8 left the time is ticking……
quartermaster

Post by quartermaster »

Hi Guys I'm not exactly flush with money but I just donated 100 for projects and 5 for the forum. I believe in this forum and Bruce even though I have never met him and am a relatively new member. My dream of owning a bench would not have been possible without this forum and the dedication from Bruce and others. I challenge others to donate if they can. Rick, you can confirm my donation with Bruce, now its up to you. Andrew. Thanks.
slracer

Post by slracer »

OK Rick, After all Bruce and you have done helping me out (even though I remain committed to "The Dark Side"), count me in! I'll send cash or check though because I don't like PayPal! :evil:

Bruce, Best of Luck! Someday, we'll actually meet (maybe at Bonneville?)!

Doug Robinson (slracer)

PS -Send me an address for mailing. Yesterday, we got an offer on the home in NM. Today, I'm off to the Salt Flats while there is a little paperwork to be completed! :(
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Andrew, Thank you.
Doug Thank you in advance,

I did my part on both of your behalves.

6 More to go :D

I'm not flush either but i owe bruce and i have thrown more than this away on whiskey, women and Vizard Books.....

But there is a saying i love it say's
"Do Gods work be the answer to someone's prayers"

I'll keep trying untill I am called to shovel the coal.

Rick
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

OK, Just wanted to thank and recognize Alex01, Alessandro

Thanks Alex....

And Greg Long He was the first to post and was the first match.

Thnks Greg,

Rick

Another match for Bruce,

5 to go
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Thanks everyone! :D
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
DaveMcLain

Post by DaveMcLain »

Revison 3 dot com has a show that's all about producing your own films, special effects etc but I think they also cover rather basic stuff such as camera techniques and equipment. It's called "Film Riot", check it and it's related forum out for some possibly helpful info.