Old Forum

Mission Statement: The PTS Flowbench Forum is a community of dedicated members who share the common belief in promoting with a spirit of camaraderie and mutual respect for other members any and all discussion on any type of flowbench, not specifically PTS style flowbenches/parts.

The number one priority and commitment is to promote, at all times, a world class forum which enables it's membership to build a long-term relationship with each member and welcome members to participate no matter what your level of knowledge to help increase the collective knowledge base of the PTS Flowbench Forum.

Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Old Forum

Post by Brucepts »

To try and answer email/PM's I have been receiving about the old forum I'm going to make a post here;

Rick and I (mostly Rick as he is the "propeller head" in the bunch) are trying to recover what we possibly can from the old forum it is not an easy task as the old forum has about "0" support from the vendor anymore. I am getting quite an education on things I have had zero knowledge on about programs I have never heard about.

We have been able to recover the Flowbench General area in the past 2 days. The location of the old forum is pretty much dead so I have linked it to this site. At such time as we have a stable new (old) forum I will post a link to what we have.

Any flowbench questions anyone has is more than free to ask them here and we can address them again. Probably get a better answer now as the core members here have more knowledge now than a few years ago.

Sorry for any inconvience this has caused anyone, being the fact that this forum has been and will be free for all to use it's all I can offer.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

A little update on what's been going on . . .

Rick has been able to recover the old forum to a new PHPBB SQL database structure! We have been playing with it to tweak it so we can allow access to it again. It will be READ ONLY, you can not register on it, your old user name will work but there is no reason to logon as no posting can be made.

Any posting or followup will be able to link to the old forum posting a link in the new forum in a new post and discussion can take place.

All PTS area specific passwords will work in those areas that require passwords. IE: those who purchased PTS Plans and Digital Manometers who have PTS supplied passwords.

Some things on the old forum will need tweaking as we go along with 15,000+ posts we will need help for people to show us any problem areas as they are found.

Just the fact that we can access the old posts is AMAZING to me and is a credit to Rick's computer savvy! :D

I'm going to say this will take place prior to the weekend . . . Rick and I need to discuss it first.
Bruce

Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

As you all can see I have now added a link on the main forum to the old Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive.

Many thanks go out to Rick for his efforts in making this happen!! Please feel free to post your "thanks to Rick" in the General area on this forum.
Bruce