SF100 Flow ranges

Discussion on general flowbench design
sbm

SF100 Flow ranges

Post by sbm »

I had a Superflow 110 for 38 years and just sold it. Had to borrow another while waiting for the build up.

The guy cracked, then remover the graphic on the front that shows the flow ranges and orifices to use. Can anyone post a close up pic of that chart?

Or point me to a spot where I can pick it up....

Thanks,
sbm
Malvin

Re: Flow ranges

Post by Malvin »

I found the Instructions for the super flow 110
http://www.freewebs.com/jawa634/superfl ... 20ocr).pdf

& This you can make the picture larger
http://www.assurich.com.my/Engine-Dynam ... 10-120.htm

Hope this helps you :)
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

Corrected link for Superflow 110 manual: http://www.freewebs.com/jawa634/superfl ... 20ocr).pdf
sbm

Post by sbm »

Thanks for the help, men!

This bench I borrowed is actually a SF100, very old, I guess.
The inclined manometer is NOT in percent of total.

It goes from 0 - 3 inches by .02 increments.

Would the 3.0 inch item be 100%?
The scale looks to be about the same overall length as the SF110 I used to have...

sbm
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

sbm wrote: Would the 3.0 inch item be 100%?
In all likelihood yes.

BTW, the formula to convert pressure difference Δp to percentage is √(Δp/p) where p is equal Δp at 100%.

And for a bench of that type, you'll also need to apply the temperature correction factor as described on page 8 of the manual.
ncoll

Re: SF100 Flow ranges

Post by ncoll »

sbm wrote:I had a Superflow 110 for 38 years and just sold it. Had to borrow another while waiting for the build up.

The guy cracked, then remover the graphic on the front that shows the flow ranges and orifices to use. Can anyone post a close up pic of that chart?

Or point me to a spot where I can pick it up....

Thanks,
sbm
Is this the graph you wanted ?

neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sbm

Post by sbm »

Thanks for the graph.

Problem is: that old SF100 would draw enough pressure to do much testing. On a 2" valve, it wouldn't quite see 5".

So I borrowed my old SF110 back.
But-
The new owner must have worn out the motors, because it runs hot and smells like rosin core solder!
One prob after another.
Same as always...
Looking to borrow another 110...
tafeteacher

Post by tafeteacher »

Hi guys
Does anyone have a higher res version of this graph?
I'm mainly looking for what orifice combination at what flow

Thanks in advance
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Welcome to the forum!

If you search Google for "superflow flow bench manual pdf" you can find what you are looking.

I prefer not to post the actual link here as it's not from an official site
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
tafeteacher

Post by tafeteacher »

Thanks Bruce.
I'm now thinking that instead of building a Superflow 110 style bench I will probably just buy your stuff and build an electronic version traight up.
I have a 2" inclined mano already which is why I was thinking that way, however we have a training business and I'll eventually build about 10 benches so your system might actually work out more ideal.

I also have the equipment (Faro 6 axis digitising arm) to digitise ports. Our goal is to eventually teach digitising, modelling(CAD) and CFD testing as a "digital flownench) followed by CAM/CNC machining of the ports.

We'll need actual flowbenches for the students to compare and check their results. I'm still researching the best way to achieve reasonable results without spending a fortune.

We'll be training on a simple air cooled 2 valve single cylinder head.

Because we can digitise ports very accurately and quickly, we can also 3d print the ports either for testing or casting aluminium test ports/combustion chamber/gasket surface.

Sorry if I just bored you to tears....lol

www.formulastudent.edu.au

Nothing about the engine stuff there yet. We still need to apply to get it on scope as we do nationally recognised training here in Australia.
Currently it just has our racecar chassis building program called Formula High School.

Cheers
Greig