First time member??

Discussion on general flowbench design
Bill T

Re: First time member??

Post by Bill T »

I just found this forum today,joined immediately. While a have a flowbench already, I look forward to learning mucho.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Welcome to the friendliest Forum on the internet Bill.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Daoust

Post by Daoust »

Well I should have start here first.

My name is Francis, I live in Canada, Québec. I work as a welder and fabricator. I Have the habbit for trying to improve what I touch, not that I have done that much but still have fun doing it. I m on the Learning curve in of the air flow for recreational use , personal use and knowledge. I bougth the PTS blueprint from Bruce and I should start the building process once I understand well my needs and how to build the bench.

Thank you
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Francis, Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for supporting it by buying a set of plans!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
huw

Post by huw »

I confess to being an on/off lurker, as well as an on/off head porter, using a certain amount of DV wisdom and some "personal feel". Not very scientific I know, but I do spend loads of time on valve seats and shapes. Bought the plans some time ago, but still haven't cut any mdf, just need to get some older projects out of the way before starting....
tpe

Post by tpe »

I've been looking here for awhile. I currently have a home built bench (I purchased) with eight motors. After using it and seeing on YT how and what the PTS benches do, well I'm going to rebuild it and set it up like a modern bench. I build custom jetski engines and I haven't run my bench for some time (such a pain to run) but I love seeing how things truly work and not just guessing. Anyways I'm very excited to get started.

Erik
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

tpe wrote:I've been looking here for awhile. I currently have a home built bench (I purchased) with eight motors. After using it and seeing on YT how and what the PTS benches do, well I'm going to rebuild it and set it up like a modern bench. I build custom jetski engines and I haven't run my bench for some time (such a pain to run) but I love seeing how things truly work and not just guessing. Anyways I'm very excited to get started.

Erik
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I'm late replying I was away for the past week.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
jim

Post by jim »

HI everyone, im a owner of a motorcycle shop for the last 21 yrs, an i have SF300 flow bench, just last week i recieved a flowcom for the machine after waiting 5months to recieve it from superflow, well after hooking all up an programing it,now all it does is flash on & off ,theres nothing in the manual that explains what happened, just looking for some help or ideas whats wrong. OR ill have to call superflow tommrow. thx JIM
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Thanks for the Story about SF always nice to here how big blue is doing :-) As for your situation I think you are stuck call SF on Monday as i don't know od anyone active on the forum using flowcom.

What kind of motorcycles do you work on?

Rick
jim

Post by jim »

Thanks Rick , I primarly work on Hds. been at it for 32yrs, 21yrs owning a shop wrenching, just a 2 man operation trying to make a living, i was hoping someone would have had this prob. yeah im starting to wonder about Big Blue, well ill call them tommrow.IF THEY ANSWER. THX for the response. Rick.