Play-doh

Discussion on general flowbench design
Luv.guy

Play-doh

Post by Luv.guy »

Hello,

I have been testing Harley heads and have attempted to use play-duh from Walmart to make a velocity radius around the port but at .250 or so lift at 28@ the air will suck the play-duh down the port 😂. Anybody have any advice?
coulterracn

Re: Play-doh

Post by coulterracn »

Try modeling clay
My Flowbench is better than their's
Luv.guy

Post by Luv.guy »

I will give it a try. Thanks
Tony

Post by Tony »

A better more consistent way would be to make yourself a radius intake plate that precisely matches the intake port shape and location.

The easy way to do this is to get a piece of fine grained hardwood about an inch thick and drill a hole slightly less in diameter than the intake port, but large enough for the small end of the cutter to enter into the port.
Bolt this over the port.
Then use a radius cutter in your router to produce a beautiful smooth accurate bell mouth that leads perfectly into the port without any step.

The clever thing about this, is that the small ball bearing on the end of the cutter follows the exact profile of the port entry and your bell mouth matches up perfectly. The port need not be round, but can be oval or rectangular and it produces a perfect radiused entry every time.

Something like this perhaps:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Radius-Roundo ... 0142&psc=1
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Luv.guy

Post by Luv.guy »

Thanks Tony, Something like your talking about is the route I'm going to go. I tried some clay and while I was looking at the depression on the computer the clay disappeared :lol:
Tony

Post by Tony »

Once you have a router and a suitable radius cutter, it only takes a couple of minutes to make one of these up.

Its even better with a multi cylinder head, as a whole row of ports can all be done together.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.