Shopping list

brandoracing

Shopping list

Post by brandoracing »

Hi man,
I go away with the bench. is a good point (soon photo in my discussion in flowbench general)
Now,I must to buy all the PTS component I need.
I want to talk about the parts.
I think must to buy this:
-40" digital manometer
-orifice plates 0-350 cfm
-deck plate
-pressure pickups
-SSR (1)
-40" pid control

I don't understand one thing: the PAP's kit is ONLY to calibrate and check the bench,right? isn't made do work,right? is a simple
It's enough? What the function of pts directional control valve?
I'm already have the contactor.

thanks
Sorry for my English!
www.brandoracing.it
Alfa Romeo 75 owner
tweaks

Re: Shopping list

Post by tweaks »

Welcome........It is good to see some one from Italy on here and an Alfa fan ......4 Cylinder Engines.....2 and 4 Valve.

You will find every thing you need on here about flow benches and cylinder head work ....the people are great to work with

Cheers

Lyndsay
brandoracing

Post by brandoracing »

Oh yeah... anyone have suggest to me? I'm undecided for the choose of 40" system or 100" system.
somewhere I read the 100" is less accurate at low depressione test (28" or later)
comments?
Sorry for my English!
www.brandoracing.it
Alfa Romeo 75 owner
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

brandoracing wrote:Oh yeah... anyone have suggest to me? I'm undecided for the choose of 40" system or 100" system.
somewhere I read the 100" is less accurate at low depressione test (28" or later)
comments?
Testing at 28" is probably very adequate for most people. A lot can be learned. To test at higher depressions can be very costly as you will need a lot of vacuum motors that are very high quality. Where you are that alone can be very costly. You also have to make sure your bench is braced and able to contain the higher pressures. For most of us testing at 28" H2O is all we need.

I would also make sure you have velocity probes as velocity can be more important than total CFM.

John
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Also asked that question to myself, in fact I believe it is better to use 40.
Simple reason, keep using eight electric motors,
test with small flow eg engines European designs.
has less flow than the American big blocks .So keep the original design of Bruce, there are few guys who are using large benches with 10 or more engines
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
brandoracing

Post by brandoracing »

Ok thanks. My question are only to think to te future,to future step that increase the performance of My bench. But if I think,no one I Know testing with super depressione. Thanks.
Sorry for my English!
www.brandoracing.it
Alfa Romeo 75 owner
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I feel if you brace your bench correctly and can afford the motors then by all means test at a higher depression. Just know ahead of time what you will be in for. I am building my bench out of cabinet grade plywood with lots of bracing in it. I am also gluing it with a Locktite 8X construction glue that is super strong. I will have 8 motors that have a very high rating so I hope to test at a higher depression.

John