It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Intro to PTS Orifice Plates 
Site Admin

Eeyore wrote:
Yeah, I've read the 101 and a lot of other threads on here. I just wanted to make sure I understood the 0-16" and in your example 0-300 cfm. It seams that the value is always given as an absolute, as in 300 cfm and 16". I wanted to make sure I was correct that in use it is a variable and that is what the DM or water manometer is measuring. I got it, that's what I thought, I just didn't read it that way. I need to make another longer post, but this is probably the wrong area. Thanks Bruce!

Oh one more thought. I think I read somewhere on here that you were thinking of offering a DM that worked at a lower differential (less than 16"), is that still a possibility? Just seems it would lower the vacuum motor demands.

Thanks again!

The DP thing can be somewhat confusing it's kinda "oh now I understand" when it does sink in, I can understand the frustration.

Your post actually made me think about doing a simple Flowbench 101 video for the new user going over some of these items to give those who are new to what a flowbench is and how it basically works.

I actually have built a DM using a 8.5" sensor way back when but found it would offer to much bounce in the numbers same as you get with to little rise in a water gauge. I know there are a few differing opinions on DP and power required for a flowbench of which I'm not going to get into a big debate over. I've found that 16" works well for my PTS design 0-600cfm small bench.

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .

Charter Member of the "Society of Open-End Wrench Users"

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile WWW

You won't really gain that much in extra flow by lowering the motor operating depression from 44 inches (16 + 28) to 36 inches (8 + 28).
But it can potentially increase the difficulty of achieving good stable flow, and wide pressure measurement range through the measurement orifice.
Its not a good trade off.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2