PTS Digital Manometer

Brucepts
Site Admin

PTS Digital Manometer

Post by Brucepts »

Currently the PTS Digital Manometer is on back-order until late October early November.

I am unable to get pressure sensors from any of my distributors or direct from the factory, I am sorry about this and find it hard to believe in this day and age that a large company has a 26 week delivery date from parts. I have been working this issue for the past few months trying to set a fire under someone's butt but I don't order 10,000 at a time . . .

If I currently have any order for you paid already you will be getting your digital manometer.

If anyone wants to preorder a digital manometer I am still taking orders.

The motor control is not effected by this delay as I have a sensors for that product.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
SWAirflowServices

Re: PTS Digital Manometer

Post by SWAirflowServices »

Bummer. I guess that's what I get for not ordering a manometer 3 weeks ago like I should have!
http://www.facebook.com/SWAirFlowServices You know you want to "Like" it!
MrHijet

Post by MrHijet »

what part ( order code ) are you looking for ?
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Looks like I will have 50 sensors by next week and will be able to ramp-up DM production again (both 40" & 100").

I found one vendor who had a limited supply of sensors. My original order earlier this week was backed up to December 2010 after I was told end of October. Found this new supplier and canceled my other order. Once this bunch is gone it might not be till December for the next batch.
Bruce

Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Just an update; Sensors are here . . .
Bruce

Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

DM's are again on hold due to a supplier change of product so a redesign is needed.

Should be a week or two. But, there will be a price increase due to this change, I'll try and keep it as low as I can. The DM's will only be a USB connection in the future so no Serial connection.

NOTE: If I have a current order as of today here in my shop it will still be the previous version.
Bruce

Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Figure I would let everyone know what is going on; The DAQ card we use is no longer available. I went to order some the other day and found this out with no notice. We are trying to get the replacement one they do have working with the DM.

Rick and I are working on getting something up and working ASAP, I'm hoping to have something ready in the next few weeks, the downfall is the cost will go up about $25-30 not sure till I finalize my prototype.

I hope everyone understands that we are not some big company and changes like this can be a "project" as we all have other jobs/life. We also are doing all this via phone and emails and not working in the same location.

The new DM will only be USB no serial port connection.
Bruce

jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Brucepts wrote:Figure I would let everyone know what is going on; The DAQ card we use is no longer available. I went to order some the other day and found this out with no notice. We are trying to get the replacement one they do have working with the DM.

Rick and I are working on getting something up and working ASAP, I'm hoping to have something ready in the next few weeks, the downfall is the cost will go up about $25-30 not sure till I finalize my prototype.

I hope everyone understands that we are not some big company and changes like this can be a "project" as we all have other jobs/life. We also are doing all this via phone and emails and not working in the same location.

The new DM will only be USB no serial port connection.
I am starting the first conspiracy theory thread here. Bruce and Rick and Tony are scaring the "Big" companies and the other companies are putting the squeeze on the suppliers to try and run the Flow Bench Forum into oblivion. ;) :lol:

John
Tony

Post by Tony »

jfholm wrote:
I am starting the first conspiracy theory thread here. Bruce and Rick and Tony are scaring the "Big" companies and the other companies are putting the squeeze on the suppliers to try and run the Flow Bench Forum into oblivion. ;) :lol:

John
Funnily enough that is probably not that far from the actual truth.

Some big multinational conglomerate has probably placed a very large order for these specific pressure transducers for their own product, and suddenly there is zero inventory world wide. That has triggered a stampede of orders.
As soon as there is a whiff of a shortage of anything, every purchasing manager just freaks out and panic orders far more than he really needs, so the shortage suddenly becomes acute and long lasting.

It is a fact, that if you are manufacturing something that has a hundred parts, and you can only get ninety nine of them, your business is screwed.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
nhrata

Post by nhrata »

Hey Bruce Please let me Know when your ready to take orders ..