Vacuum motors in Europe - What did you buy?

Thomas-Denmark

Vacuum motors in Europe - What did you buy?

Post by Thomas-Denmark »

Hi all,

As I will be building a PTS flowbench within the next couple of monts, I am listing all the parts needed for the build. Now, as to vacuum motors, I have struggled more than a little to find suitable motors. I gave up as to find Ametek 220/240v motors at a somewhat acceptable price in Europe, and focused on Domel instead. However, it seems as the model's I find referred to, is obsolete or out of production. Second problem is to find relevant data on possible substitutes in order to judge, if they can be used or not. I hope that some of you will chime in.

Has anyone purchased vacuum motors in Europe within the last couple of years or so? And how did they work?

/Thomas
Bakerlite

Re: Vacuum motors in Europe - What did you buy?

Post by Bakerlite »

I just got second hand ones from out the back of the local vacuum cleaner repair / sales place. I just looked for the largest wattage motors.
Maybe you could ship them in via Ebay.de ??
Thomas-Denmark

Post by Thomas-Denmark »

Bakerlite wrote:I just got second hand ones from out the back of the local vacuum cleaner repair / sales place. I just looked for the largest wattage motors.
Bakerlite wrote:I just got second hand ones from out the back of the local vacuum cleaner repair / sales place. I just looked for the largest wattage motors.
I guess I could, but then I wouldn't know the CFM etc.

I got a quote on the DOMEL 467.3.402.10 from a seller in Germany. They asked 82.3 EURO a piece for these 230V motors. However, I managed to get thru to the DOMEL factory. Right now, I'm awaiting a quotation on the DOMEL 467.3.234 which flows a bit more.

I wanted to upload the data specification sheets, but couldn't get it to work, so I'll try to summarise in the below:

DOMEL model 467.3.402.10:
Power: 1300 Max & 1200 Nominal
CFM: 153,4 (orifice 50mm)
H2O: 104,3 inches at "0" orifice
Current: 5,73 A

DOMEL model 467.3.234 :
Power: 1250 Max & 1100 Nominal
CFM: 159,8 (orifice 50mm)
H2O: 95,5 inches at "0" orifice.
Current: 5,54 A
Tony

Post by Tony »

Does that data sheet have a CFM and amps figure for around 44 inches ?
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Thomas-Denmark

Post by Thomas-Denmark »

Tony wrote:Does that data sheet have a CFM and amps figure for around 44 inches ?
Hi Tony,

I gave it another shot to upload the files. I hope that they are of a somewhat decent quality.

/Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Sorry for the delay in reply, I forgot to click the e-mail notification.

Both those are excellent !!
The first one says 102 CFM at 41 inches of water and 5.7 amps.
That is 17.9 CFM per amp (at 230v)

Just to give you a bit of an idea,
8 CFM per amp is pretty crappy, 12 CFM per amp about average and 16 CFM per amp very good.
Thomas-Denmark

Post by Thomas-Denmark »

Tony wrote:Sorry for the delay in reply, I forgot to click the e-mail notification.

Both those are excellent !!
The first one says 102 CFM at 41 inches of water and 5.7 amps.
That is 17.9 CFM per amp (at 230v)

Just to give you a bit of an idea,
8 CFM per amp is pretty crappy, 12 CFM per amp about average and 16 CFM per amp very good.
Thank you for your feedback, Tony.

I find them very good as well. I found some specs on Ametek motors, and the Domel ones are at least as good, as from what I can judge..

Either will fine I'm sure. As Amps is a challenge in my house (as always) I might go for the one that draws the least amps, and then use a motorcontrol.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Its usually the amount of available power that limits the fun, so choosing an efficient motor can be fairly important.
If you fit a motor control and an amp meter, experience will tell you how far you can wind up the wick before the circuit breaker trips.
An extra motor or two will allow you to run it up to the amp limit without your motors running absolutely flat out.
RomanoDuc

Post by RomanoDuc »

I was wondering if you ended up running the flow bench, and what motors did you use?
Have you used the Domel motors?
I'm also in the early stages of building, i want to buy the flow performance kit but I want to see if I can find the right engines first.

Thanks
Thomas-Denmark

Post by Thomas-Denmark »

RomanoDuc wrote:I was wondering if you ended up running the flow bench, and what motors did you use?
Have you used the Domel motors?
I'm also in the early stages of building, i want to buy the flow performance kit but I want to see if I can find the right engines first.

Thanks
Hi RomanoDuc

I purchased 10 pcs (only installed 6 pcs due to power availability) 467.3.402-5 motors which appear to be very good! -I will attach the specs and the contact details to the very friendly person who assisted me during the purchase. We went through 3-4 blower motor options and I choose the beforementioned. Oh, and the motors were only 36.70 Euro a piece!!

The bench is almost ready to run. I´m struggling with the electrical part. I can't get the signal from the SSR & transformer to the blowers. There is no "out" signal, but I will figure it out. I have thus far only installed a transformer 24/230V on one phase and I suspect that this is the culprit... -I have tested the motors prior to installation though, and they seem to kick ***

Below is Miss Spela Kavcic direct contact information

Špela Kavčič

Prodaja / Sales

E: spela.kavcic@domel.com

T: +386 (0)4 51 17 206
http://www.domel.com[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.