Lost spreadsheet

Pitot Style Bench discussions
b.shaw

Lost spreadsheet

Post by b.shaw »

Hi All,

I just signed up to the new forum after being away for a few years. I've dusted off my flowbench for a new project and found that my laptop crashed and took out all the spreadsheets I used for my flowbench (pitot style with liquid manometers). Anyone have a pointer to the calcs necessary and/or an excel spreadsheet to do them? I tried searching the old forum but can't login there and can't search without logging in.

Thanks,

Bill
1960FL

Re: Lost spreadsheet

Post by 1960FL »

Posting For Doug "SLRacer" as he has been MIA
The following is a repost of his from the old forum.

Hi all, Here is the pitot style bench spreadsheet I promised in my “Finally Working” post. I am posting it here because I didn't know where else to put it. A thanks to Ed L. (86rocco) as I used his for the “Pitot Tube Calculations” section. I did change my inputs to Imperial from metric as my weather station reads that way. I also hid a few of his lines, which I used only to “debug” my later calcs. The “Master” worksheet is protected as it is my intention to copy that page and make a new worksheet for each change of configuration or run.

The “Head Geometry” area is to make notes and (later) will be used to interface with other prograns (if possible). Simplicity is my first goal!

The “Flow Calculations” section sets up the manometer and flow element data as both are variable in my bench. The inclined manometer rise being used is input and, for now, a geometry correction is applied. I am making a change to the manometer to eliminate this part. Also input here are specific gravity of the fluid used and the correction for well drop. These same values are also currently being used for the vertical manometer. Additional input for the vertical is the test depression desired. The scale reading for the corrected level is output. I put a small piece of blue tape on the scale for easier “indexing”. The final input in this section is the flow element ID as I have interchangeable sizes. This is the value Ed uses in his “flow in a tube” calcs.

The final sections are the test results, intake and exhaust. Both work the same, but exhaust is a dummy here, just checking that everything works. The Green “Valve Lift” numbers are those you wish to (or did) test to. Lift/Dia is for those who like to test that way, but are calculated, not input. The actual reading along the inclined manometer scale is input and (using Ed’s “flow in a tube” methodology) the rest is calculated. The SLS Corrected Flow value is the one that is used for comparison to other results and plotted. I added a column for comparing a smooth curve fit through the points with the actual (corrected) points.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the forum members who helped me get this far. Without them, I don’t think I would have made it. I also want to thank the members who took the time to look and comment on my various posts along the way. This is a great place! -- Doug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b.shaw

Post by b.shaw »

Perfect. Thanks 1960!
Unkl Ian

Post by Unkl Ian »

Thanks for sharing, small problem.
"Protected cells can not be modified" ?
I get this message whenever I try to change a value in red or green.

What am I doing wrong ?

I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc, instead of Excell; if it makes a difference.
Unkl Ian

Post by Unkl Ian »

FOUND IT ! :mrgreen:

Open the spreadsheet, very top of the screen,
click on Tools, then Protect Document.

Uncheck Sheet, and it should work.