Newbee

Pitot Style Bench discussions
coulterracn

Re: Newbee

Post by coulterracn »

I drew mine using AutoCad and saved as a .pdf. I had a local print shop make me a copy in greyscale(black & white, no color). I cut out the percent scale and glued it to the Dwyer scale.

Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Flowbench is better than their's
nhrata

Post by nhrata »

Here's a few pic's of my "project"
It was used at Jim Head's shop in the late 70's
nhrata

Post by nhrata »

nhrata

Post by nhrata »

Hello everyone hope all is well . I've made some progress on my flowbench project. I change out some of the pipes and removed a lot of the sharp bends.
I also made a air box so that all four of the 7.5 in vac motors could do both vac and blow . It was set up with two for intake and two for exhaust when i first started. It's moving alot more air now.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Just out of curiosity, how many inches H2O test pressure could you pull with just 2 motors and how many inches with 4? I would like to know how much difference it makes.

Thanks,
John
nhrata

Post by nhrata »

Hey John it would only pull 15" at 2.47 rise on the inclined manometer with two motors. By my math I think thats 144cfm.
Now with all four it will max out my 4" inclined manometer @ 30"
I'm going to replace my manometer with bruce's Dm and Rick's going to write a flowsoft program for my pitot type bench.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

now that is a good increase, thanks for sharing. Anxious to see this project as it progresses.
John