PTS DM installed on a Super flow 300 Bench

Orifice Style bench discussions
DRD

PTS DM installed on a Super flow 300 Bench

Post by DRD »

For anyone wanted to know about installing a PTS DM on a super flow bench.
I am the owner of a professional cylinder head and engine shop, and recently purchased a PTS DM 40, to install on our Super Flow 300 bench.
So, after installing the DM on the super flow 300 bench and running threw the calibration set up, the bench is dead on with our calibration plates.
We have found after a few weeks testing, the bench keeps repeating the numbers, so we are very happy.
One thing to note, the super flow vertical manometer was off .3 on inch compared to the electronics. We verified this threw the PTS DM and we also have another DM at the shop. Pretty scary to know the vertical manometer was off, we did not trouble shoot what the problem was, because the bench in now full electronic.
Got to give all the People who spent there time developing this PTS DM a hand shake for sure, the product is very accurate, probably as good as you can get for flow bench equipment.
To note, we have owned several electronic flow bench packages, money is no object when it comes to equipment and flow bench equipment for our company, and the PTS DM smokes all them in the accuracy area for sure hands down. Hopefully, the software will keep getting developed and advancing forward.
Good work Guys!
DRD
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: PTS DM installed on a Super flow 300 Bench

Post by Brucepts »

Thanks!

I can't take all the credit Rick and Tony are the "brains" behind most of it, had a few bumps along the way but worked through them.

I personally find it amazing what a couple of guys who never met at the start of the project came up with, it was aimed at DIY users but has grown into something more when I see who is actually buying the DM product and using it daily!

Quite a few DM's on SF600's also.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Tony

Re: PTS DM installed on a Super flow 300 Bench

Post by Tony »

Welcome to the Forum DRD.

Another very happy PTS user, and that is a most wonderful thing.
You might like to take a look at the PTS automatic test pressure controller (if you don't already have one) that too has been incredibly successful.
It will greatly simplify and speed up testing.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.