stef-1

Re: parts for fluid manometers

Post by stef-1 »

John, I got them from ebay. Here's a link to a seller;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/through-hull-comp ... 45ef3f17e1
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I had already ordered the isoplast bolts so I thought I would go ahead and finish the pressure taps using those to see how they came out. Then if needed I would order those neat through hull fittings that Stef suggested. The isoplast is polyurethane reinforced with fiberglass. They are really neat and I got a bag of five for like $1.38 so I ordered 4 bags of those. They were very easy to drill and I just got some 1/2"X13 nuts and washers from Lowe's to work on these bolts. After drilling I just used some JB Weld to glue some 1/8" brass tubing into the bolts. They actually came out fairly nice.

John

Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Nice work John :)
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

here is some more on my re-vamped inclined manometer - this one should be much more accurate. I will use the 4.5" bottles for the well and 1/4" acrylic tubing. I have used JB Weld to glue the 1/8" tubing into the ends of the acrylic tubing so I can hook my reservoirs up with vinyl tubing. I grooved my board with a router so the acrylic tubing will stay perfectly straight.

John

jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I finished my new inclined. It works nice and smooth. I used 1/4" tubing and when you are through flowing some of the fluid stays in the tube so I have to run it in reverse to suck it back down. Calibration is off a little also. I need to hook up a vertical manometer and verify what my actual Delta P is.

John