parts for fluid manometers

Orifice Style bench discussions
jfholm

parts for fluid manometers

Post by jfholm »

I found some of these bottles at Industrial Container here is Salt Lake City. They were very cheap I think they were just a couple of dollars or less with the lid. They are 4.5 inches or 114 mm in diameter and 5 inches or 127 mm tall. If you use these as the reservoir for your manometers and you are using 1/4" or 1/8" id diameter tubing you do not have to make any corrections for your delta p. To hook the tubing up to them I am going to use something like Bruce's pressure taps for the flow bench.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flash

Re: parts for fluid manometers

Post by Flash »

That's a nice container!
I couldn't fine any thing like that so i modified a water bottle that was 2" by 5" for my fps gauge.
Gordon
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Gordon,
The next time I can get out there I will buy a bunch of them so if anybody wants them I can sell them some.

John
Flash

Post by Flash »

sounds good!!!
Gordon
Tony

Post by Tony »

Your local friendly Chemist Shop usually keep all kinds of containers and bottles, from tiny to enormous, in both glass and plastic for preparing prescriptions.

He will have the big jars for bulk "stuff" and much smaller containers for dispensing small quantities of pills and powders.

Your local vet will very likely have similar stuff on a shelf out the back too, if you ask.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Flash

Post by Flash »

That's a good idea.

I don't have much in these small little town...........but we have two veterinarian hospitals. :lol: .
Gordon
stef-1

Post by stef-1 »

I used similar "Lab Jars" for my manometer. They come in a wide variety of sizes and are very cheap. You can find them at most lab supply shops/websites and even on ebay.
For the connections I used through hull fittings for model RC boats (for their fuel lines). Again very cheap and can be found in hobby shops, internet stores and ebay.
Steel rules for the manometer scales can be found on ebay for only a few £/$ and I got my tubing from an aquarium supply shop. Whole manometer setup can be made very cheaply.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I ordered some isoplast flange bolts from Amazon.com. They are made from polyurethane and reinforced with 40% glass fiber. I am going to gun drill them and put a piece of 1/8" tubing through the middle of them so the will act like Bruce's pressure taps. They were cheap. I will also have to look at what Stef said he did. That sounds like a great idea.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stef-1

Post by stef-1 »

Here's the through hull fittings for RC boats.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

stef-1 wrote:Here's the through hull fittings for RC boats.
I really like those! What diameter are they? Where did you get them?

John