It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Digital manometer 

Location: Northern NSW, on the wrong side of the Great Divide.
86rocco wrote:
Perhaps but sadly, unlike math, it's not ubiquitous.
Sorry for the continued off topic but you know humanity has lived quite well for thousands upon thousands of years without "maths". I will stop now because I know what you mean but I don't agree with you.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 am

LOL, I'm having university flashbacks, the old arts vs. sciences split, it didn't get resolved back then, we're not going resolve it here, it's just a matter of two different but both completely valid and necessary world views.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:12 am

Many times I have been privileged to work as a member of a very productive and creative team.
We each had our own special area of expertise, but with sufficient overlap of experience to work well together.
As a team we achieved some astounding successes, far more than any of us could have achieved individually.

Only once have I worked with a professional mathematician.
The fellow was a bit odd in a genius nerdy type of way, but by golly he came up with some ripper solutions.
What he thought of us, I cannot even begin to imagine, haha..........

Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Location: Northern NSW, on the wrong side of the Great Divide.
86rocco wrote:
LOL, I'm having university flashbacks, the old arts vs. sciences split, it didn't get resolved back then, we're not going resolve it here, it's just a matter of two different but both completely valid and necessary world views.
I had a very similar thought going through my head. I studied an odd mix of subjects at uni and I found the exact same thing happening then. I tend to be devils advocate, which most people don't like, and then leave the conversation before it turns into a number 3.

Tony wrote:
Many times I have been privileged to work as a member of a very productive and creative team.
We each had our own special area of expertise, but with sufficient overlap of experience to work well together.
As a team we achieved some astounding successes, far more than any of us could have achieved individually.

Only once have I worked with a professional mathematician.
The fellow was a bit odd in a genius nerdy type of way, but by golly he came up with some ripper solutions.
What he thought of us, I cannot even begin to imagine, haha..........
The world would be a very different place Tony if more people could work together like you describe.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 pm

I got my flow bench up and running thanks for the help. The information on this forum was tremendous help.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2