Got my DM..

Orifice Style bench discussions
Chad Speier

Got my DM..

Post by Chad Speier »

Excellent! You guys did one hell of a job! I can see why LM likes it better!

I have few questions and maybe someone can point me in the correct location.

One, I take it you can only have one size orifice entered at a time? The FP you can calibrate more than one, just curious.

Two, what is the best way to open the save tests? Any is there and custom templates available? I noticed if I start at .200 in the flow curve, it shows it at .100 on the sheet.

And, is there a screen to show the curve as you go?

coulterracn

Re: Got my DM..

Post by coulterracn »

Chad
I'm using Larry Cavanaugh's FlowSoft excel program with my PTS DM.

Someone with Excel skills should be able to make revisions to your needs.

I'd like to revise the sheet that docuements the ports cross sectional area. Larry set the sheet up to input motorcycle style ports.

Ray
My Flowbench is better than their's
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Chad Speier wrote:Excellent! You guys did one hell of a job! I can see why LM likes it better!

One, I take it you can only have one size orifice entered at a time? The FP you can calibrate more than one, just curious.

Two, what is the best way to open the save tests? Any is there and custom templates available? I noticed if I start at .200 in the flow curve, it shows it at .100 on the sheet.

1) Correct at this time only one size can be input for orifice plates, look for this to change in a very near future update.

2) All saved tests are located in the Data sub-directory within Flowsoft. No templates at this time reference Larry's spreadsheet Flowsoft Excel. Look for a future upgrade to PTS Flowsoft for data logging/capturing.

3) No screen shows saved data/curves, what do you want for what we charge?? LOL :mrgreen:

Rick has some major(?) changes in the works, he and I have discussed a lot of upgrades. Our goal is to have the best flowbench software package available to the end user! One problem is everyone wants something different. We need to hear ideas for the end user though on what people want to see, what one wants others might not find useful or desire.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Chad Speier

Post by Chad Speier »

Thanks Ray, I like LC software on my FP.

I hear ya Bruce! :D Just wasn't sure.. However, you know me and here is what I'd like to see myself. This is what I send with every head. It would be cool that the software would enter the captured data and created something like this for sending.

http://www.speierracingheads.com/SRHv2.50INT2.pdf
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I'm sure Rick will see this post and reply . . . he's the "programmer"
Bruce

1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Chad,

I am working on a Database driven upgrade to FlowSoft it is a major update that incorporates tabs for various actions one might want to perform. The key is making it business wise while still user friendly. You will be able to run in two modes one customer driven the other simple testing. I am currently working through the code to manage the calibration data and selection I am thinking 20 total calibrations would be enough I/E 10 intake 10 exhaust you could then have calibrations for 5 orifice sizes split between "Actual Flow" and SF Equivalent, It will be such that you could use any of the 20 calibrations for what you want. The system will start up with the last used calibration, Data will be stored in a database and in the Job mode customer and job information will need to be entered to move on to testing, with this i will be able to store flow tests based on customer and job then compare flow runs on each job. Your output reports will have data as on your flow sheet with hopefully the ability to graph, (4 overlay-ed flow tests) Customer and job information. I would like as much feedback as possible so i can incorporate the "Must Haves" before the "Would be neat" features. I am also looking at an option in which you could import your LOGO so it is on all reports and possibly on the screen.

Now here is the big issue with all the above I have to add the ability for the user to "manage the data" and keep it all in sync.

I may email you for some of your formulas and calcs so I am using comparative math not just some formula i come up with.

I welcome your input.

Rick
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

I noticed if I start at .200 in the flow curve, it shows it at .100 on the sheet.
Using the data record option
1. Enter lift increment
2. Click open Data file
Now when the button changes to "Record Data"
Every time you click it from here on it will record
DEP, CFM, FPS for the Lift Test point. It will then
increment Lift test point by Lift increment. Thus if
you are testing to 1.0 after the last test point is recorded
the lift test point should show 1.1 if your increment was

Now if you want to increment at .1 but start you testing at .2 you will have to accept the .100 lift point garbage data in your file for now.

Rick
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

coulterracn wrote:Chad
I'm using Larry Cavanaugh's FlowSoft excel program with my PTS DM.

Someone with Excel skills should be able to make revisions to your needs.

I'd like to revise the sheet that docuements the ports cross sectional area. Larry set the sheet up to input motorcycle style ports.

Ray
Are you talking about the Port Workup Worksheet because the input values for port dimensions are in metric?

If that's the situation, use the Conversions Worksheet to fill in your port specs, then click the button. Everything will convert for you.
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

Chad Speier wrote:Excellent! You guys did one hell of a job! I can see why LM likes it better!

:? Did you buy a Blue Bench?
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

larrycavan wrote: :? Did you buy a Blue Bench?
Musta missed the 23 page thread on that one huh Larry?? :lol:

Sorry only 21 pages right now . . . http://www.flowbenchtech.com/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=458
Bruce