MSD style Flowbench Modifications

Orifice Style bench discussions
Bakerlite

Re: MSD style Flowbench Modifications

Post by Bakerlite »

Hijack away, I think most of the problem solving has been covered for this bench.
engineczar

Post by engineczar »

HI guys new to the party but I'd like some opinions on the method I used to modify my MSD style bench. Originally the bore sat directly over the orifice wheel like all the others that built off the PHR article. Rather than build a larger housing and install a baffle I opted to shift the bore over so it's no longer in line with the wheel. I attached a couple of pictures of the new location.
Flowing the calibrated plate I have sounds a lot better. Before I would get a loud whistle. Thoughts? Ok fix or am I just fooling myself?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Welcome to the forum,

The information is just opion as there is no real data to talk to, i suggest getting a couple of Bruces plates 100, 200, 300, then we can compare your calibration and linearity to other benches.

JMO

Rick
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

I would say that setup should help with the known problems of that design. You still need to calibrate. Get some plates.
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com