Manometer Testing

Orifice Style bench discussions
Dave W

Manometer Testing

Post by Dave W »

I got around to messing with my meters the other day and wanted to check how they compared.

I have a 11" rise x 32" long incline, (3" well) and when I pull 9" on the vertical my percent is off 1.5. Should i lower or raise the incline to match what vertical is reading ?

Is this an accurate way of testing your incline percent ?

I didn't test different pressures on the incline because I ran out of time. I will check today at 100, 75, and 50 and report back.

Dave
jfholm

Re: Manometer Testing

Post by jfholm »

It depends on which way it is off. If the incline manometer is reading too high you would raise the top end of the incline to match the vertical and if it is reading lower than the vertical then lower the top end of the incline to match. This is one way to do it.

John
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Your "0" will also change depending on where the pivot point is at, keep this in mind.

Might take a couple of tries till you dial it in.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
86rocco

Post by 86rocco »

I'm guessing that you may have forgotten to account for the drop (or rise) in your reservoir level when measuring on your inclined scale.

Have a look at my flowbench calculations spreadsheet, you can find it in THIS THREAD. Go to the inclined scale sheet, you need to enter 5 pieces of information about your manometer set up, the inside diameter of the tubing you're using, the diameter of your reservoir, the length of your scale, the vertical height of the scale and the specific gravity of your manometer fluid, the spreadsheet then generates a scale, ΔS is the distance along the scale from the zero point and ΔP is the pressure at that point on the scale.