Vizard seminars in Australia

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
RACEPUMPER

Vizard seminars in Australia

Post by RACEPUMPER »

I heard that David Vizard is considering coming over to do some talking here, I might go, depending on the cost. They are thinking Sydney, Melbourne and Perth at this stage depending on interest. I've read all his propaganda, found some useful, A LOT of self promotion etc, but otherwise it mostly fits into the same category as his floating depression bench.

Has anyone heard him speak? Would it be worthwhile I guess I'm asking.

Because I have read his published material already it may just be 4 hours on SSR and revision on how to build a flowbench for $28.

Any thoughts?
Jim
I really love making stuff but don't finish much
1960FL

Re: Vizard seminars in Australia

Post by 1960FL »

I've read all his propaganda, found some useful, A LOT of self promotion etc, but otherwise it mostly fits into the same category as his floating depression bench.

:lol:

Some things never change.

Rick
Tony

Post by Tony »

I have never met the guy, or heard him speak, but I did ask him a question once on an internet Forum.
His reply "buy my book".
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

Tony wrote:I have never met the guy, or heard him speak, but I did ask him a question once on an internet Forum.
His reply "buy my book".
and my answer in return would have been, "guess which finger I am holding up?" :lol:
Tony

Post by Tony »

jfholm wrote: and my answer in return would have been, "guess which finger I am holding up?" :lol:
My thoughts exactly.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
haley63042

Post by haley63042 »

jfholm wrote:
Tony wrote:I have never met the guy, or heard him speak, but I did ask him a question once on an internet Forum.
His reply "buy my book".
and my answer in return would have been, "guess which finger I am holding up?" :lol:
:lol: :lol:
SSR

Post by SSR »

Hello stalker!
jfholm

Post by jfholm »

I watched all 6 of the "Profitable Porting for Small Shops, With David Vizard" Dart University series. They claimed it was a "Master Series" It was not a Master series, it was a basic beginners series. It may help an absolute beginner but I did not gain a thing out of it. He actually contradicts a lot of the things that most of the major head porters are doing now. He claims the radius is the best on the intake port over multi-angles. If you were just flowing air only, maybe.

He shows a lot of pictures that don't really give any useful information. He promotes himself to some extent. He also promoted his floating depression flow bench. Lots of talking with out any really good information that would help a porter. He uses a lot of generalities which may be ok in some situations but definitely not all.

I watched all 6 of those and I am glad I did not pay to see it or I would have felt cheated. I don't even think an absolute beginner would be any closer to starting to port than before he went in. Like I said he talks about some things that are important but does not tell how to put them to use or how they apply to your situation. He mentions velocities but you still do not know what a good velocity is for your application. You still have to do some major learning. Which you can do for free right here on this forum. :lol:

John