What Is A Good Computer To

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Unkl Ian

Re: What Is A Good Computer To

Post by Unkl Ian »

1960FL wrote:John,

Never could figure out why SF did not have one manufactured for each of their benches where you set Orifice and Delta P and it gave you CFM at Standard Air.

Rick

Wouldn't it have to include temperature correction as well ?
slracer

Post by slracer »

John, All the news that's fit to print!

http://www.speeddemon.us/

In case you don't have time: YES, it was a new record (and done with a "C" motor - less than 373 CI). My 448 speed was not correct however as that was the EXIT speed for the first pass, not the average speed for the mile. They went "out the back door" on the second pass at 451+, the highest speed ever recorded at a Speed Week event. The mile speeds were 436+ and 438+ for a record average of 437.183 mph (that's just under 709 km/hr for those of you who measure that way). Note that they were still accelerating when they left the 5th mile. Their target goal is 500 mph so it looks more and more likely.

Doug
Areomyst

Post by Areomyst »

A little off topics, but a friend of mine came by last week and donated her old 32" TV to my shop! I hooked it up to the dyno computer. It's pretty exciting. Clients can now sit way back and watch the screen when I'm doing dyno runs. I was also able to keep the old LCD for a dual monitor setup.

:)

~Josh
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

Areomyst
A little off topics, but a friend of mine came by last week and donated her old 32" TV to my shop! I hooked it up to the dyno computer.

That is cool I bet your clients like that :)