PTS Universal Valve Opening Fixture

Brucepts
Site Admin

PTS Universal Valve Opening Fixture

Post by Brucepts »

Plan to add this to the PTS Parts list in the very near future, still working out pricing. Will be limited quantities in stock at any given time.

Overall length of rails is 22", might offer shorter rails for smaller head combinations? Height of center block is 4". Finish will be raw aluminum, sorry no fancy anodizing keeps the cost down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Darcy R

Re: PTS Universal Valve Opening Fixture

Post by Darcy R »

Have you determined what the price would be?
Have you, or other members considered how this could be set up to open 2 valves of a 4 valve per cylinder head. ...some sort of add-on accessory perhaps?
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Darcy R wrote:Have you determined what the price would be?
Have you, or other members considered how this could be set up to open 2 valves of a 4 valve per cylinder head. ...some sort of add-on accessory perhaps?
I just finished this one up today so I have to sit down this weekend and figure my time and material pricing.

Nothing on 2 or 4 valve setups but I have seen someone else's setup online where they had an add-on bracket so looks like something could be made? I'm open for ideas.

Also saw they have an add-on bracket to use on center valve cover bolts, I do not work with that style of heads so I'm at a loss for dimensions to design a bracket. I'm open to suggestions?
Bruce

Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Excellent work, a configuration to open two valves seem easy to later add.
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Bruce, you may want to offer two different pitch opener threads the 1/4-20 and M6-1.0 for the metric crowd. :-)

Rick
Malvin

Post by Malvin »

Can you use it with heads that have canted valves like BBC ??

Very nice workmen ship Bruce :)
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Malvin wrote:Can you use it with heads that have canted valves like BBC ??

Very nice workmen ship Bruce :)
To be honest . . . couldn't tell you if it would work. I pretty much reverse engineered the designs already on the market with my own changes to suit my machining equipment. Want to try it out for me? The one pictured is headed out to OZ Land this week but I have a second one I made for my own reference/use. The rails on that one are only 18" till I get some more rail material.

Thanks I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
Bruce

Malvin

Post by Malvin »

Bruce wrote
Want to try it out for me?

Yes send it up! :) I have a few BBC heads here plus a set of Spread port BBC that are 18º
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

Price will be $375 for the basic setup. I'm not ready to start mass producing these just yet and do not have any just sitting on the shelf right now so delivery will be sporadic for sometime.

I'm looking into the Center Valve Cover attachment brackets as well as shorter and longer main rails so price might be adjusted along the way.

The basic unit will come with ~22" rails
Bruce

RVG440

Post by RVG440 »

Yes it does fit splayed valve heads. BBC,sb2,P7 etc. Had a quick look once I got it. I have a set of BRODIX BBC going on the bench this friday so I will let you know how it bolted up with that as well.