My INtroduction and project plans

Discussion on general flowbench design
Popeye.Tom

My INtroduction and project plans

Post by Popeye.Tom »

Hi all,

I'm just starting to check out and find what's on the forums here. Glad to be here!

I've got a lot to figure out and get started building. I've got a slew of 2 stage 240V 5.7" Ameteks - 11 running and 1 parts donor. These are are 116036-13 and they flow around 85CFM at 28".

I'm not sure how many I'll put in the vacuum unit yet, but I certainly don't need 850CFM. I'm really interested in seeing about setting up a bench that can do wet flow. I have looked in the wet flow discussion and it looks like it's been pretty a pretty dead topic. I've got more to read in the old posts there, but maybe we can revive it!

I will post my general ideas soon and hopefully we can get a conversation going.

Cheers,
Tom
Tony

Re: My INtroduction and project plans

Post by Tony »

Welcome to the Forum Tom.

You have certainly come to the right place, plenty of flow bench topics and ideas to kick around.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Popeye.Tom

Re: My INtroduction and project plans

Post by Popeye.Tom »

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the welcome! I've had the vacuum motors sitting around for years waiting for me to get motivated. I got some motivation most recently from watching Green Hornet 240Z vids on you tube. That cars got a massive over bore & stroked 280 to almost 3.5L! Built by Les Collins racing in Warragul, Vic. Australia.

Claim is Les managed 250CFM at 28" on the P90 head casting. I've no plans or hopes to get anywhere nears those numbers. I am interested in good port velocity and wet management. I'm hoping for a lot, but I've got a few heads to play with - we'll see. I've got the stroker crank, J&E forged pistons... now I need a head.

I've read David Vizard, Burgess & Gollan, Graham Bell & others. Now to see if I've got any capability to do anything practical!

I'm still getting through the posts here and especially the posts and threads on wetflow area. I'll post my ideas over in the Members Projects or in Orifice style and let people blow holes in my ideas!

Cheers,
Tom