Calibrating a Port Flow Analyzer

Discussion on general flowbench design
1960FL

Re: Calibrating a Port Flow Analyzer

Post by 1960FL »

I tested one more plate to seeing how it reads and it flowed 286 @ 28" and the calibration rating was for 300cfm

14CFM short on a 300 plate, not sure what the internal plate is that you are testing against but this is not a good calibration.

Rick
amotero

Post by amotero »

1960FL wrote:
14CFM short on a 300 plate, not sure what the internal plate is that you are testing against but this is not a good calibration.
The internal plate I was using was the 625cfm plate. I'm going to play with the settings alittle more tomorrow when I get up to the shop.

I still need to study more about what's going on in the flowbench. Like I said, I'm very novice about flowbench calibration but I have a understanding what the bench is telling me as a flow test and do my porting. I just worked on benches that were step up from previous jobs (Superflows) and my old bosses handled the calibration of their benches since it was not my equipment. Its just big learning curve and a big investment that I love :ugeek:
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

You will get there just keep posting your progress and questions, there are allot of people on the forum with knowledge that can help

Rick