My my flowbench journey....

Discussion on general flowbench design
MAX_CFM

My my flowbench journey....

Post by MAX_CFM »

I went from having a dream to researching flowbenches to building a flowbench.

Then after having a flowbench, I learned a lot of hard lessons.

After learning those hard lessons, I spent a lot of time and money testing and researching and buying SAE papers and also getting a tumble flow meter. (I do 4-valve engines)

Now I have a cylinder head on the most powerful direct injection ecoboost engine in the world at 805whp. We are racing also to be the first at 1,000whp.
Before these dyno records (and covid) the ecoboost mustang was the second fastest in the world.

Be smart, learn fast, ignore all the people who tell to you give up as they see your thirst as competition.

Customers will taunt you into CFM contests but it IS NOT all about CFM!!!! It is about airspeeds and mixture motion!!!!!

I now have valve job and welding equipment in my garage and an growing steadily.

I only share this here as we all come here with a dream; just know it keeps growing as long as you feed it!!

I would share pictures here but it is a PIA to upload so visit my instagram at _maxcfmmotorsports_ and also #MAXCFM is my hashtag.

P.S. - I almost got into obsessing over building flow benches after I built mine, it is addictive and you always want bigger and better! lol
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: My my flowbench journey....

Post by Brucepts »

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, it is an obsession for sure!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
paulo_aa

Re: My my flowbench journey....

Post by paulo_aa »

Follow Max CFM on Instagram, and once in a while we chat a bit.

Great to see his work and the results. The most important: to see someone in this kind of mood around here.