3D printed hose "T" joiners

Discussion on general flowbench design
tafeteacher

3D printed hose "T" joiners

Post by tafeteacher »

I'm combining the DM box and the Motor controller Box into the one larger box that I can attach to the flowbench when I build it. I'm taking the circuit boards and associated pieces out of the the two boxes and putting them into the one larger box so everything is together.
Because the Motor controller AND the DM use the same depression signal they are joined together. I need to splice into the line between the pressure transducer and the bulkhead fitting on the box. Unfortunately I can't find any fittings small enough and can't even find the tube that Bruce uses in Australia. So, if I splice in at the little tube I can use the bulkhead fittings from the Motor Controller and just put them in the box.

What I ended up doing was modelling the "T" fittings I needed and printing them on the resin printer. Man I love this new printer!!!
3d model.JPG
chitubox.jpg
Finished Print.jpg
Out of the machine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tafeteacher

Re: 3D printed hose "T" joiners

Post by tafeteacher »

more
Size.jpg
Ready for trimming.jpg
Finished part.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tafeteacher

Post by tafeteacher »

I'm actually re-doing them. The small pipe is so thin that there is a tiny pinhole. I've increased the size of the tube after the first barb on the smaller joiners.

It takes just under one hour to print a pair.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Really interesting stuff, but you can buy all kinds of small plastic manifolds and tee fittings for air bubblers used in aquariums.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
tafeteacher

Post by tafeteacher »

I couldn't find anywhere that could supply a "T" fitting that had 4mm hose fitting on one end and the 2mm? hose that the pressure transducers use. In fact all the aquarium places only had the one size. I tried several medical suppliers and they also said the same thing.
I wanted to "T" into the line that went from the pressure transducer to the bulkhead fitting, but the resulting tapped line was 4mm.

The plan was to put both circuit boards in the one box. What i hadn't thought of when I did this was that I in fact need 5 lines coming into the box and they then split into the exhaust/inlet control valves. I've been getting it up and running on the Superflow SF110 bench and forgot about it because the switching is done on the bench.

I did a bulkhead fitting instead, although still haven't used it as I have the DM standalone and just fitted the auto depression box into the larger box with the other items
6 fitting bulkhead finished.jpg
6 fitting bulkhead finished.jpg
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

WOW! :o

Those look great!
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .