Heart Attacks!

Mission Statement: The PTS Flowbench Forum is a community of dedicated members who share the common belief in promoting with a spirit of camaraderie and mutual respect for other members any and all discussion on any type of flowbench, not specifically PTS style flowbenches/parts.

The number one priority and commitment is to promote, at all times, a world class forum which enables it's membership to build a long-term relationship with each member and welcome members to participate no matter what your level of knowledge to help increase the collective knowledge base of the PTS Flowbench Forum.

Brucepts
Site Admin

Heart Attacks!

Post by Brucepts »

Public service announcement!

On Tuesday of this week I was out shopping for supplies for a flowbench build for a customer at my local hardware store, prior to leaving I was having some chest pain which I felt was my typical pain I have a medical condition for so thought nothing of it. As I was walking around the store the pain started to get worse and I was getting warm so I took off my jacket and kept shopping. I noticed the pain was radiating out towards my lungs and I could not take a deep breath with out a lot of discomfort so I was thinking something was not right. I finished my shopping and headed off for home but made a second stop to pickup some heating oil for my shop furnace. I noticed my arms were really weak and had trouble lifting the 5 gallon container back into my truck.

While heading home the pain started to go out my into my shoulders and I knew something wasn't right, when I got home I sat down in my office thinking some rest would help, I remoted into someone's computer to assist in a flowbench software issue, finished that up quickly and then told my wife we needed to head to the ER as I was not feeling so good!

I ended up with what is called a NSTEMI heart attack which is found with an enzyme test every 3 hours looking for a rise in levels of a blood enzyme related to your heart muscle, my rise was minor and I caught it before damage was done! I ended up in ICU and getting heart cath surgery which had 2 stents installed through my wrist with 70-80% blockage :o

I came home Thursday afternoon and feel great! Looking back over the past few months I can say I had a decline but just was thinking it was old age creeping up on me.

The point of my post is DON'T look past something that does not feel right!

This can happen to anyone at any age the Doctor was telling me. It will be a week or two until I can resume what is to me a normal schedule so please understand if I'm slow getting back to you . . .
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: Heart Attacks!

Post by Brucepts »

Well as many of you know that follow the PTS Facebook page I had another heart attack back in May this one was a bit more severe than the first one I had as I was 100% blocked, so the Doc went in and did some fancy porting work on the clog and I've been recovering the past few weeks taking it easy.

Do not take chest pain lightly!

Had just said "oh it's nothing" this time the outcome would have been very different my Cardiologist(s) told me!

I'm slowly getting back into the shop this week and will be catching up on a few outstanding orders and starting on a flowbench build for a customer, venturing out on this one and finally building a 12 motor bench.

Unfortunately, supply chain issues also plague my parts supply so digital products are pretty much on a stand-still at this time due to pressure sensor shortages that have lead times out over a year! :o
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .