Manometer hose size?

Bearwen

Manometer hose size?

Post by Bearwen »

Does the size of the hose ID matter on the manometers?

What about the digital one what if I have say 6mm I'd tubing and the barb connection is 3mm can I just put a short piece with a step up/down barb between the 2 hose sizes if you do step them up or down should the hose that fits the manometer sensor barb have the longest run of tubing before the step up/down barb.

Example let say I have a 5/16" pick up tube mounted through the wall of the bench but my digital manometer uses a 1/8" tube can I change the tubing size with an adapter and does it matter how long each of the 2 different size hoses are should I have a short piece say 6 inches of the 5/16" hose connected to the pick up on the bench and then a step down barb to the 1/8" tubing and then run the 3 feet or so of the 1/8" tubing to the digital manometer or should it be the other way around with hose sizes or does it not matter or should it be all one length?
Does the id matter I have more than one digital manometer option but the one I would prefer to get uses a 2mm barb so the tubing id is only 2mm that's seems really small but if that's what the sensor is designed to use I guess it's the right size?

Should I make a custom pick up mount like what Bruce sells and make it for a 2mm id tube?

Also if the digital manometer uses that small of a tubing should the tubing lengths be as short as possible or as long as need but not more than the standard pts bench design calls for them to be with the plans mount points and reverse flow switches and meter mount location as per the plans?

I'm a little out of my knowledge base on this kind of stuff lol.
Obviously with the questions I asked I just dont want to be building and then rebuilding I like to research and figure it all out and design everything with what parts and pieces I need and understand how it will all work and go together before I ever spend any money. As I have gotten older I have realized that if I dont do it that way I usually spend more money and time than needed and usually there's some added frustration throw in there as well.
Lol
Hopefully you guys can get me straight on this small vacuum line stuff and I can get building by the end of the month.
Tony

Re: Manometer hose size?

Post by Tony »

The size of the tubing really does not matter.
The important thing is that there are no leaks.

Whatever fits and does not fall off or leak will work fine.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Bearwen

Re: Manometer hose size?

Post by Bearwen »

Tony,
Thank you for the reply.
I was pretty sure that was the case but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.