Some Porting pics

A place to talk about things that do not fit into any other forum, only members may post to keep out the SPAM
Otto

Re: Some Porting pics

Post by Otto »

neway seat cutter variable speed drive and a lamp:) i have simaliar
Another on man show workin to PLAY
slracer

Post by slracer »

Larry, All classes are a combination of engine and "frame". Your 1327 would run in a 1350cc class. Next smaller class would be 1000cc and next larger would be 1650cc. After that, they are either Blown or unblown. Then they are classified as Gas or Fuel. Bonneville requires using the "event" gas which is available in numerous grades including 110 octane (and maybe more, I use the 110 but wish I could get about a 104). Therefore, the engine you are working on would be 1350-G (no U for unblown, only a B for blown). They allow a .020 bore larger than the max for a class limit for "cleaning" up a bore, but that is noted in the log book and you cannot set a record and then claim the engine is a 1650 and run in a second class. However, if you are over the limit for 1350 and within the .020 rule but haven't run as a 1350, you may legally run as a 1650. You cannot change back and forth within a 365 day period. If the dates for Bonneville come earlier in the next year, you can't run that year either until after the 365 has passed. It gets complicated but some of these guys "bend" the rules as far as they can get away with! -- Doug
1960FL

Post by 1960FL »

Larry,

I just love the attention to Detail on everything!

Rick
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

Hotz wrote:
larrycavan wrote:
blaktopr wrote:You gotta stop that Larry. Your going to make me want to pull my CB750 head off and play.
I've been blessed to be swamped with heads to port this spring. Have a Bonneville head I'm working on at the moment for a 1327 LSR motor. I'll get some clearer pics of that shortly.

Cell phone cam isn't the worlds best ;)
Hello Larry,
What this machine with a spiral lamp.
hotz :roll:
That's my Neway Valve Seat Cutter machine. I picked that up with 18 cutters and a box full of pilots last year about this time. No kidding, there's got to be at least 25 pilots. I got the whole deal for less than what the cutters alone would cost. Lucky find on Craig's List one day.

Funny story...brief as possible.

Those Bison motors produce some torque! I put some fine blades on a 75* cutter and was trying very carefully to go lightly to open a throat. Luckily I was spinning it real slow. The cutter bit in. The head spun around in a heartbeat and wacked me right in the ribs! :lol:

Needless to say....no more fine blades on steep cutter angles with the powerhead :geek:
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
larrycavan

Post by larrycavan »

slracer wrote:Larry, All classes are a combination of engine and "frame". Your 1327 would run in a 1350cc class. Next smaller class would be 1000cc and next larger would be 1650cc. After that, they are either Blown or unblown. Then they are classified as Gas or Fuel. Bonneville requires using the "event" gas which is available in numerous grades including 110 octane (and maybe more, I use the 110 but wish I could get about a 104). Therefore, the engine you are working on would be 1350-G (no U for unblown, only a B for blown). They allow a .020 bore larger than the max for a class limit for "cleaning" up a bore, but that is noted in the log book and you cannot set a record and then claim the engine is a 1650 and run in a second class. However, if you are over the limit for 1350 and within the .020 rule but haven't run as a 1350, you may legally run as a 1650. You cannot change back and forth within a 365 day period. If the dates for Bonneville come earlier in the next year, you can't run that year either until after the 365 has passed. It gets complicated but some of these guys "bend" the rules as far as they can get away with! -- Doug
Thanks Doug. Much appreciated.
Larry C

http://www.cavanaughracing.com
Hotz

Post by Hotz »

Hello Larry,
What this machine with a spiral lamp.
hotz :roll:[/quote]

That's my Neway Valve Seat Cutter machine. I picked that up with 18 cutters and a box full of pilots last year about this time. No kidding, there's got to be at least 25 pilots. I got the whole deal for less than what the cutters alone would cost. Lucky find on Craig's List one day.

Funny story...brief as possible.

Those Bison motors produce some torque! I put some fine blades on a 75* cutter and was trying very carefully to go lightly to open a throat. Luckily I was spinning it real slow. The cutter bit in. The head spun around in a heartbeat and wacked me right in the ribs! :lol:

Needless to say....no more fine blades on steep cutter angles with the powerhead :geek:[/quote]

Thanks Larry
Hotz 8-)
Sorry my english mistakes.
PTS Parts>> http://www.flowbenchtech.com/store.html