pts digital mano

Discussion on general flowbench design
zums

pts digital mano

Post by zums »

is the pts didital manometer able to be hooked up to a superflow600 to read depression-cfm-and fps- also dose the 8 motor pts bench use about the same amps/ electric as a sf600, thanks
Brucepts
Site Admin

Re: pts digital mano

Post by Brucepts »

Currently the PTS DM does not support multiple calibrations so each orifice calibration would have to be changed within Flowsoft if you change ranges. Now that being said the PTS DM will test across a rather large range on one orifice. My personal PTS Flowbench is testing with a 3.490" orifice (which is the same plate for max range on the blue bench) and I never change my plate inside no matter what range I am testing.

I want to point out that my 3.490" plate is not laser or water jet cut like some other orifice plates and maintains a round diameter not +/- .XXX amount. It is a true sharp edge plate ;)

I would assume the amps required for each bench are going to be similar, on a PTS build it's going to depend on the motors you use.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
MatiasAho

Post by MatiasAho »

Brucepts wrote:My personal PTS Flowbench is testing with a 3.490" orifice (which is the same plate for max range on the blue bench) and I never change my plate inside no matter what range I am testing.
Did I understood right that you are able to test from 1 cfm to your Max cfm by using just one orifice plate (3.490") ?
Brucepts
Site Admin

Post by Brucepts »

I do not think I would go to 1cfm on a 600cfm plate but have gone down to 25cfm and feel confident in those numbers.

Not many people would work in extreme range variations for their testing from various conversations I have found. I recommend a set of 4 plates that covers a full 0-600cfm range and can be used as internal or calibration plates for each range. I would say if you plan on doing alot of testing at sub-100cfm to 1cfm I would install a smaller internal plate.

Once you have a set of plates you can then play with dialing in your bench to your liking. Playing with the sample rate and averaging allows you to dial this in to your personal preference for how the numbers update/display. Flowsoft (PTS DM's software) allows you to change many variables, some need not be touched though. You can actually spend days "playing" I know I have :lol:

Ideally, I would setup the bench for the max cfm range you plan on testing at on a daily basis.
Bruce

Who . . . me? I stayed at a Holiday in Express . . .
blaktopr

Post by blaktopr »

Better yet. I use 2 of Bruce's plates. I think they are 400+ plates for the PTS DM. 4 sq/in total area. On the money at 350 CFM. I go down to low 100's. I'm good up to 600+, even 800?. The computer does super well. If you were to use it on a "blue" bench, I would think if you knew the size hole used at the highest range, that the DM should read it just fine.
Chris Sikorski
Chris@wetflowtech.com
Totallywirednow.com
Tony

Post by Tony »

If you choose an initial orifice size that is appropriate for what you are testing, then a single plate should do the job.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.