Superflow 100 repair help?

Discussion on general flowbench design
dhidaka

Superflow 100 repair help?

Post by dhidaka »

I have a Superflow 110 that I purchased new 30+ years ago. It has been sitting in storage for many years and i am just starting to use it again. I have a problem with the machine as follows:

When I raise the pressure on the vertical mamometer to 10", the inclined mamometer does not register immediately (both intake or exhaust testing). Most of the time it takes 30 sec or more before the red oil will move from zero. As I am doing my flow test and getting a percentage reading, sometimes the inclined mamometer will start falling toward zero, only to immediately start rising again to whatever percentage air flow reading the port is flowing.

I have checked ends of each mamometer connection and they are open as per Superflow instructions. I THINK I have a clear vinyl hose problem going from the "box" to the mamometers (clog or leak inside?). I don't know what the exact problem would be since the "box" is sealed tightly from Superflow and I cannot see inside.

Can anyone help? Anyone encountered the same problem? It looks like I will have to saw open the back of the "box" to get to the clear vinyl hoses inside to replace them.

I could use some advice and a detailed blow up diagram of the inside of the "box."dhidaka
coulterracn

Re: Superflow 100 repair help?

Post by coulterracn »

Welcome to the forum. There are some members here with experience that may be able to guide you through your repairs. It may take a day or to for them to post.

Ray
My Flowbench is better than their's
1960FL

Re: Superflow 100 repair help?

Post by 1960FL »

Welcome,

Take a look at this link to Wikipedia it is a good general schematic of the flow path as used on the SF100 series of benches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_flow_bench

The tap on the incline should go to the motor/metering box and unless you have has some small critters make a home inside the bench while in storage it most likely is a leak in this piece of tube.

Rick